Sinister front fender clearance

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

czajicek34

One of THE 150!
I just got my sinister front fender in for a 26 and im just wondering how many people are trimming the bottom to get a little more clearance. just seems kinda low and i dont want to catch in on anything and rip it off. any input or measurements you guys have would be great

czajicek34

One of THE 150!
yeah and i ride the hell out of my bike so in this case i really need function over looks. i just want to trim the min amount possible and be safe in most cases

robsautocycles

I just got my sinister front fender in for a 26 and im just wondering how many people are trimming the bottom to get a little more clearance. just seems kinda low and i dont want to catch in on anything and rip it off. any input or measurements you guys have would be great

I didnt do anything to mine, I think I have 3.75 inches of clearance, I have put 900 miles on this year with it on and no problems, the only time I worry is putting it in the trailer. What part of minneapolis are you from?

czajicek34

One of THE 150!
I didnt do anything to mine, I think I have 3.75 inches of clearance, I have put 900 miles on this year with it on and no problems, the only time I worry is putting it in the trailer. What part of minneapolis are you from?
ok and it doesnt come close to catching when going in and out of parking lots or anything thats what im worried about. im in south minneapolis. you from around here

robsautocycles

ok and it doesnt come close to catching when going in and out of parking lots or anything thats what im worried about. im in south minneapolis. you from around here

I havent had any problems with parking lots or driveways, just loading it in the trailer is when it gets close. Idk if you could rip the fender off, the sinister fenders are built really well, ya Im south of the river in burnsville

czajicek34

One of THE 150!
I havent had any problems with parking lots or driveways, just loading it in the trailer is when it gets close. Idk if you could rip the fender off, the sinister fenders are built really well, ya Im south of the river in burnsville
ok cool well when you get a chance can you measure from the bottom of the fender to the ground and let me know so i know where the safe zone is, it would be greatly appreciated.

czajicek34

One of THE 150!
are you worried about the fender hitting the ground? or the mounting point hitting your rotor?
yeah im worried about it hitting the ground when going in or out of parking lots or maybe some of the bigger speed bumps. our roads suck up here. i like it the way it is but id rather be safe than sorry.

yardsale

Up in da one fiddy...
I'm confused... (I know... CNN headline in 5, 4, 3...) I have a 26" Sinister wrapper front fender. How can the fender ever hit the rotor if it mounts to a point on the fork slider which moves with the axle? Is this a classic style fender? A wrapper would never hit the ground... amiright?

BLACKIZZLE

Site Supporter
I'm confused... (I know... CNN headline in 5, 4, 3...) I have a 26" Sinister wrapper front fender. How can the fender ever hit the rotor if it mounts to a point on the fork slider which moves with the axle? Is this a classic style fender? A wrapper would never hit the ground... amiright?

well i know when I mounted up my wrap fender, where the mounting "tabs" are, they were hitting my rotor so I had to trim that side up. im not talking about when its riding it hits, im saying when I mounted it up it was hitting so I had to trim it. because yes, the fender doesnt move.

but back to the topic, I know there is a guy that just had his fender scrape the ground. looks like he is gonna trim the bottom of the fender up alittle. if i was you, I would just watch where u drive.

Latest posts