Silver motor cleaning

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Zach

Site Supporter
I haven't found shit that will get the bad baked on stuff off. Maybe a pressure washer with hot water?

Some guys swear by Simple Green, I haven't tried it yet though. If you find something, please post it up. My motor looks like shit from a leaking rocker box gasket and some other crap.

Zach

Wanna Ride

I use straight Simple Green (no mix), and a parts-cleaning brush like this...

Get one with a firm, plastic bristles, not the soft-bristled ones (like you find on paint brushes).

1 - Lightly rinse the engine with a garden hose
2 - Let the water drip off until it's just lightly wet
3 - Spray on a liberal amount of Simple Green
4 - Let it sit for 3 or 4 minutes, so it starts working (but be careful, do NOT spray it on a hot engine - a little warm is ok, just not fresh off a ride)
5 - Use the brush, to scrub in the nooks and crannys
6 - Don't let it evaporate before rinsing thoroughly, it can stain if you don't
7 - Repeat as necessary, and follow these instructions. Works like a champ!

Last edited:

tech643

The guys on cvoharley.com swear by purple slice. I think the website is purpleslice.com. Hope that helps.

BLACKIZZLE

Site Supporter
I have never cleaned a silver motor with purple slice but I have cleaned paint with it and that stuff truly is amazing. My dad swears by it also.

reficul

Eagle 1 etching mag cleaner. It basically acid washes the aluminum bright silver/white. Try a test part to see if you like the results first.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 151

Slowbagger

Site Supporter
I used Super Clean on mine the other day and it worked really well but you gotta be careful with it because its pretty strong.

Shock Loaded

Site Supporter
Spectro xl-1 motorcycle wash works great. Use some elbow grease and a dobie pad on the silver, really makes it pop. Kept my Dyna looking almost new.
As a bonus its safe on paint and chrome as well.

Marc

""The Chopped Baggers Guy""
Dobie, I prefer to smoke my dobie..

I got it pretty clean now.. It was just old baked on shit! Thanks guys, but I think there's really nothing that's perfect... Just have to keep cleaning.. And keep clean!!

Wanna Ride

I got it pretty clean now.. It was just old baked on shit! Thanks guys, but I think there's really nothing that's perfect... Just have to keep cleaning.. And keep clean!!

Gotta' think of cleaning, as maintenance. A layer of crud on top of another layer of crud, is just that much harder to strip off. Sucks cleaning, but can't let them build up.