SG to RG ?

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

iowabagger

Site Supporter
Ok guys who have done the conversion what did you about the wiring harness from the street glide to the road glide is there enough wire there or what needs to be done?
after riding a roadglide i love it and am now converting mine over. i already have the inner and outer.

so i will have some sg parts if anyone interested.

thanks

slothy

Balls
Just did mine.

I sold my interconnect harness and bought a rg one.

Need fairing brace
Fairing support
Radio bracket
Inner/outer
Nacelle and speedo pieces
Headlight
Misc screws and misc rubber trim

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

98customRoadGlide

Ok guys who have done the conversion what did you about the wiring harness from the street glide to the road glide is there enough wire there or what needs to be done?
after riding a roadglide i love it and am now converting mine over. i already have the inner and outer.

so i will have some sg parts if anyone interested.

thanks

Really I been kicking the idea around making my rg into a sg!! Just don't know what all I have to do and if it's too much work or pain in the dick lol

98customRoadGlide

We trying to get to a RG, You would be a perfect swap for Iowa....

I been thinking about it lately , just don't know how much it's going to run me and what's all involved. I like how the street glide fairings are easier to take off and block more wind! Just kicking the idea around.

98customRoadGlide

We trying to get to a RG, You would be a perfect swap for Iowa....

If we could swap all parts to make it happen and fairings I'd be game this fall or whenever. Since he has new rg fairings and mine got a couple cracks this weekend he could sell mine or have for a backup. They just need some bondo work and be like new.

808Bagger

I been thinking about it lately , just don't know how much it's going to run me and what's all involved. I like how the street glide fairings are easier to take off and block more wind! Just kicking the idea around.

You would have to get new bars for the batwing..I think it requires more to go from a SG to RG...I'm still in a process and waiting for the rest of my parts to come in. What bars do you have on your Roadglide now?

98customRoadGlide

I know it's a long shot in the dark but if someone wanted to do a swap, I'd just take my gauges out , give them both fairings , my cd player bracket, handlebars , rg fairing bracket and the speedo tach cluster and what is all needed for a complete conversion!

98customRoadGlide

I just don't know if I want go through all the work lol. Seen some good prices fairings on eBay , just need to find the fork mounting bracket, the skirt .... Just be easier to swap with someone. Do prolly end up staying with RG and going to a 8 inch klock werks flare windshield to help with the wind and start tricking it out this winter after I get my damages fixed! Lol

Slowbagger

Site Supporter
I just don't know if I want go through all the work lol. Seen some good prices fairings on eBay , just need to find the fork mounting bracket, the skirt .... Just be easier to swap with someone. Do prolly end up staying with RG and going to a 8 inch klock werks flare windshield to help with the wind and start tricking it out this winter after I get my damages fixed! Lol

I'd be down to do a swap with you possibly lol... I wanted a road glide to start out with but couldn't find any for the right price!

98customRoadGlide

If we could do it after riding season I'd be down. My fairing got a couple cracks this weekend, but some body work and it will be good and you'd have to get it painted anyways.