SG-RG or RK?

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Bendaaho

I am going to go with a 26" and am wondering wich is the best platform if any to make the conversion on.

Bendaaho

I will throw one more in there. Cut and tree or all tree? Also I plan to ride this thing till the wheels fall of!!! In a manner of speaking. Meaning I plan to put some miles on it as I also plan to use this as a come on with my business.

Rozkopeeko

CUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT AND TREEEEEEE 26inch BABY......there a brova on this site that rides the HELL out of a 26 !!!! he made me pull the trigger on my baby!!!

FSTBGR

I love RG, as I have one, but street glides look better with 26" wheels or bigger cause the fairing is even with rake, most RG's dont look right.....Slothys is sick though, ask him about his set up, that is a sick ride....

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

wtf6316

Depends on the ride and look you want. We aren't buying the bike. Ride all 3 and look at examples. Its on your style. Either way they all look great. I love a clean looking Road king. But wanted a fairing and radio. And went with a Road Glide because the Street Glide look is every where. But now Road Glides are becoming more popular.

Bendaaho

Unfortunately I do not have access to each model that has been modded to a 26" that is why I am asking for opinions. You guys are the experts. Will the ride chacteristics of each individual model carry over once modded or will they all pretty much ride the same if the same rake and stretch are added? With your help and this knowledge I will then go with the model that I prefer best.

Rozkopeeko

ya can't go wrong brova... personaly I have a SG however I road my boys RG with a 26 on it and didnt realize how smooth she was ... i'm doing my SG with a 26 now and if she rides as good as the RG did i"m good ............ However i realize a RG " feels" more stable , due to the stationary fairing .......... if done right you will be happy.....

Bill

I used to own some shit!
I ride a SG, and am building a RK to sell. If I could afford it I would keep both!

The biggest deciding factor is what kind of riding you do. If you like to pack on the miles, get a SG or RG.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Marc

""The Chopped Baggers Guy""
I ride a SG, and am building a RK to sell. If I could afford it I would keep both!

The biggest deciding factor is what kind of riding you do. If you like to pack on the miles, get a SG or RG.

With you on having SG and a RK.. I'd love to, I'm looking for a mid-90' RK.. I gotta hot rod evo..

lumper

If you like to pack on the miles, get a SG or RG.

Bill, why do you think sg or rg over rk for packing on miles?

Is it just the fairing or would you say the ride is better on the glides?

I always loved my Road Kings and havent owned a Glide yet.

I am using my King as a platform for my build because I know I love the way they ride and I have a terrible back so its important to me to be comfortable so I am just curious as to your opinion since I know you have ridden both and have a ton of experience.

Is the ride noticeably smoother or more comfortable on the glides over the king?

I do at times question my decision when I think about building in audio I can control from the bars without having it on the bars other than the stock controls, but otherwise I like the look of the fat front still kinda old Harley look, I can add the windshield, the front fairing or go without either sometimes so I like the convertibility of it and I just cant get used to the fixed fairing when riding, I guess you get used to it.

I am going to see about putting a stereo in a lower fairing and my phone in the dash for nav/mp3 and speakers in the bags and front fairings.

Lump

lumper

If you like to pack on the miles, get a SG or RG.

Bill, why do you think sg or rg over rk for packing on miles?

Is it just the fairing or would you say the ride is better on the glides?

I always loved my Road Kings and havent owned a Glide yet.
I do plan on putting on a lot of miles over the next few years before and after my conversion so rideability is everything for me.

I am using my King as a platform for my build because I know I love the way they ride and I have a terrible back so its important to me to be comfortable, so I am just curious as to your opinion since I know you have ridden both and have a ton of experience.

Is the ride noticeably smoother or more comfortable on the glides over the king on long rides?

I do at times question my decision when I think about building in audio I can control from the bars without having it on the bars other than the stock controls, but otherwise I like the look of the fat front still kinda old Harley look.

I can add the windshield, the detachable front fairing or go without either sometimes so I like the convertibility of it and I just dont know if I could get used to the fixed fairing when riding although I havent ridden one other than a parking lot for a few feet.

I guess you get used to it.

I am going to see about putting a stereo in a lower fairing and my phone in the dash for nav/mp3 and speakers in the bags and front fairings.

sorry for the long post, I got a little carried away.

Lump

Bill

I used to own some shit!
I mainly meant the SG or RG as they both have fairings.

Nothing wrong with a King if you don't mind a windshield on trips.

slothy

Balls
having had/have all three and put some mileage on em - roadglide for sure for miles!

i hate riding with a windshield - distortion fucks with my eyes

clewis022002

having had/have all three and put some mileage on em - roadglide for sure for miles!

Couldnt agree more. After buying my RG I can tell you for sure its the most comfortable long distance HD hands down.

clewis022002

Couldnt agree more. After buying my RG I can tell you for sure its the most comfortable long distance HD hands down.

Latest posts