Sold/Expired SE 255 cam

• Help support Chopped Baggers :
Status
Not open for further replies.

crutter

Site Supporter
According to the screaming eagle book you do not need to run adjustable pushrods. Harley makes them to go in their cvo motors and they only want to have 1 type of pushrods on the line. Upgraded inner cam bearings are a must. Misc gaskets also. While in the cam chest it's a good idea to upgrade your cam plate and oil pump. As well as upgrade to the baisley oil pressure spring and plunger. The stock plate is poorly mAde and oil actually weeps through the pores in the casting. Another good upgrade is the zippers dual piston hydraulic chain tensioners. They found that the shoe on the stock hydraulic tensioners rocks back and forth like a pendulum under hard load. They claim more accurate timing with less noise. Only other upgrade needed is lifters depending on mileage. The only lifter worth anything IMO is the woods lifter. They are made so that you can only put them in the correct way so that dumb asses like me don't mess them up and starve the lifters for oil. This is all just my semi educated opinion

smokenjoep01

Just slap em in. You DO NOT NEED to change anything for them to work. I think stock HD lifters are about the best out there as well as most affordable. Adjustable pushrods if you want to save the time of removing the rocker boxes and buying gaskets. Ive nevere swapped cam bearings and never had those fail. Only in a bone stock 1999.
The cam plate and oil pump upgrades are all for those with the fat wallets. Again, Ive done many cam swaps retaining all stock componets and have not had issues. The parts are available if you want to spend. But not absoultely needed. JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.