Scrub Cycles

venomized

I have kept you updated the entire way, cables were Back ordered, which I explained, then explained they would be shipping to me a few days back. You just requested a refund which I have processed.
Anyone who wants to see exactly what was said between me and him please feel free to ask, and I will show. Once again refund is processed.

Sorry for the delay, it sucks when we are not able to get the customer what they want in the time frame they are expecting.

We have had a few complaints in the 2 years we have been open, but have resolved everyone except 1 which is another story.

Once again sorry for the delay.
I have all the convos as well and all are posted in the first part. All I asked was to keep communication open. Yyou did tell me it was back ordered but that was a week after I payed the invoice. That info shouldve been relayed the day it was found out.

Thanks for the refund and I hope things go better for you going ahead.

I DID comment many times on the fact you had so many glowing reviews.

Thanks again

Deeganstata

Vendor
are you for real...a few weeks for a part is nothing...he has to order it (hope that its in stock) and then have it shipped to him.... put in his inventory.....pack it... then ship out to you...That does not take a week...
But whens the question?? Ive got a $20k piece of garage art right now due to this.

ScrubCycles

It was 100% our fault, and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Like a few have stated, we are a middle man, like most shops, and that does cause delays in some cases. We too have been waiting for months on parts for builds here in the shop so i understand frustration. Most people have my cell phone, and thats the easiest way to get a hold of me.
We have never stolen peoples money, and when asked for a refund have always given it.
In this case the parts were ordered through DRAG, and we dropped the ball on updating the customer with an ETA on the Back order.
We are still only 2 years young, and will go out of our way to resolve what we can, as fast as we can, but in some cases we are fighting with manufactures to get it straight, and thats another fight in its self.

We appreciate every dollar you entrust to us for your parts orders and rest assured we are doing everything to get the parts in and out ASAP!!

Thanks again for understanding

Ferro

Site Supporter
This is the biggest reason I go directly to the source for my parts. Why should I pay for someone to order parts when I can do it myself. I just cut the middle man out. I don't like the fact that a lot of these guys drop ship things either. Bottom line is if it's not in stock I don't buy it. I'll find someone who does stock it. This avoids a whole lot of problems down the road. Another thing that burns my ass when you call a lot of guys to place a order and they don't answer the phone. Here is how I look at that...if you don't have the time to answer that phone for me to place a order then I don't have the time to give you my money.

Last edited:

hdbagger

Site Supporter
This is the biggest reason I go directly to the source for my parts. Why should I pay for someone to order parts when I can do it myself. I just cut the middle man out. I don't like the fact that a lot of these guys drop ship things either. Bottom line is if it's not in stock I don't buy it. I'll find someone who does stock it. This avoids a whole lot of problems down the road. Another thing that burns my ass when you call a lot of guys to place a order and they don't answer the phone. Here is how I look at that...if you don't have the time to answer that phone for me to place a order then I don't have the time to give you my money.
Yeah I know what you mean, I refuse to give my money to some of the "middle man" shops... I'm not saying this in Scrub's case because he actually does have a shop but there are a few vendors on this site who are parts retailers and don't even have a shop.... They operate out of their homes which is totally against most parts manufacturers policy and then they advertise the lowest prices around.... well of course you can offer the lowest prices because you have none of the overhead that a legitimate business has!!

OutlawBagger

Vendor
Hahahaha I could comment on this but I think it would cause to much trouble. Have a nice day.

Ken

Outlaw Custom Baggers

Zach

Site Supporter
Here's a couple reasons I use independent shops for parts rather than going direct to the manufacturer.
1) Sometimes you get a better price through them
2) I like supporting small business when I can

Drop shipping is a way of life now. The internet has changed that. I don't like it either, but I've accepted it. Sometimes that's the only way the small shops can offer the price they can. It's a double edged sword. If I can find it in stock, I will go that way as well. Sometimes it's tough depending on the part.

Zach

LeonardAuto

Site Supporter
Ive had good luck with Scrub, always done right by me. Communication is hard, running a business is hard, you cant be everywhere at once and answer every single phone call, email, and text, and still work in the shop, ship shit out, and make money. Its just impossible being a small business without 200 employees with 10 men for every job. I buy off venders because most of the time they give me a better deal than the manufacturer better info better customer service, and they are the little guy making a living not Shope driving lambos. I bust my balls everyday to make people happy at my shop and still cant please everyone, thats just how it goes. From my experience in bike building, especially this time of year, plan on waiting some time for parts everyone is so busy. Dont disable your bike unless you have the parts in hand or are willing to wait if something goes wrong. I will definitely continue to buy from Scrub they have always been great to deal with and great prices on everything.

Wanna Ride

I ordered my pipe through Kip, and everything seems to be fine. I'm probably a little more old-school than most - I just want to talk to a real person before I send money (at least for the first time). I've burnt up his text messages with questions, but he has always answered me pretty quick. And I realize there's a gazillion questions from his other customers, to be answered. And not all of them always turn into a sale, but so far, I'm happy with him.

He sent me tracking info on my pipe as soon as he shipped it out, like I requested. Way back in the day, I managed a 4x4 and speed shop, and I can promise you... it ain't easy.

venomized

This! ^^^

And if I had known ahead of time it wasnt a stocked item I would have NEVER ordered them. I dont feel a middleman is necessary in business. Bascially keep in mind "If its not on my shelf, I dont sell it"

Scrub got the refund done and I do hope that this is a lesson learned. Be upfron with your customers. Dont lack on communication. If there is an issue notify them as soon as you know! Dont leave them in limbo!

jerzee_tek

Site Supporter
Ferro, you have to understand that through the smaller shops you get better discounts and deals then going through the manufacturer who will usually be charging their msrp. Small shops cant afford to stock every single thing everyone wants.

Sometimes even the manufacturers are worse then small shops. Like Bagger Nation for example. Its a miracle if you can get a response.

I went through an issue with Pickard a few months ago. I waited 4 weeks for a set of fork legs that were "in stock" and every time I called I was told "they just got back from the coater and will ship today." My customer was pissed off and probably thought I was giving him the run around, and all I was doing was relaying the message and was at the mercy of the manufacturer.

ChoppedRoadie

Site Supporter
I have only had a very small group of people that I buy from. They stand by their word and would do any and everything to make it right. Jere and Deana @ Hellbent, Coby @ SPD, Cameron @ Camtech and Rebecca @ Tri-County HD. All of these fine people have taken the extra steps to keep me happy and have earned my business and respect.

jr1000yarder

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well I wasn't going to post this but after waiting 24 hours for my refund enough is enough.

I contacted a few so called VENDORS on this site and Kip said he could help me with a wheel, I know there have been rumors that he doesn't do right by his customers, lets say, but I figured I'd give him the benefit of the doubt because shit happens. He contacted a reputable manufacturer and was told he had a 30" wheel that was not spoken for and going to chrome that day and could be delivered quickly. This was the perfect transaction, so I thought, since I sold my 26" wheel to another Vendor and he paid Kip directly and all I had to do was pay the balance.....Not so fast!!!!!!!!! A week goes by looking for updates...Nothing has changed so I sent my balance via gift, all but a little bit, still trusting.

Two weeks go by and on this past Tuesday it all went wrong. I demanded an update as it was supposed to ship the previous week and again I got the run around.

Hell I was told the chrome plater messed it up and has some pits...I'll bite. Send me a pic of it and how much less is it. I need this NOW. Would you believe he had the balls to send me a picture of a different wheel with some pitting. Well you can't have this one now, how about black?.... I demanded a refund and told me 3-5 business days!!!!!!!!! BS on that! He told me I would have it first this this morning via Paypal and Oh and he is stealing 70.00 of my money for fees???? I asked for it several times today and was simply told he was waiting for the refund from the wheel manufacturer. Yeah OK buddy! Now I'm out the money and a wheel to boot. Short of flying to Texas, which I WILL do, to get my money I figured maybe this forum could help.

WTF. Kip your a piece of shit and you will never get anymore of my money.

Josh1

^^^^^^^^^ What he said! I'm going on week 7 waiting for wheels, thru the vendor on here that cuts them.

hilomx6

i have spent a bunch of money with kip for my little shop and personal build,,,would recomend him to anybody. we all have to wait on parts at times...he will make it right im sure..