Scratchbuilt 124ci custom bagga

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

smokenjoep01

Here it is, the start of my build thread. I am going to be building a custom bagga with a S&S twin Cam 124" motor. I have the motor and six speed and most the rest of the drive train. My first thing needed to do is consider the rake, stretch etc. 23" 0r 26" front wheel. Then decide where to get a frame. I really want a tube backbone and a single down tube frame.
My frame options I know of are as follows

Daytec
Misfit custom
Rolling Thunder
Paughco
Chopper Guys
Santee

Did I miss any? Looking to get down to Camtech next week and check them out and get some ideas. And orrder some parts!

Bill

I used to own some shit!
With all the custom work you will be doing I think a 26" is mandatory!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

smokenjoep01

Pickard wheels has a new frame.

From What I understand Misfit customs is now Pickard. Any idea about quality and overall apperance?
Bill, I would have to agree that the 26" is manditory.
Who would be the person to talk to about about a wheel/tire/fender/raked trees combo deal that can also advise me on frame rake numbers for proper trail and suspension travel numbers?

the new issue of Baggers has a Pickard frame build that sounds exactly like what your after. Single downtube, big wheel bike! Looks great in the spread!

B

Bill

I used to own some shit!
From What I understand Misfit customs is now Pickard. Any idea about quality and overall apperance?
Bill, I would have to agree that the 26" is manditory.
Who would be the person to talk to about about a wheel/tire/fender/raked trees combo deal that can also advise me on frame rake numbers for proper trail and suspension travel numbers?

I would think any of our Vendor's could sell you a package like that. I try hard not to specify anyone as I do not want to show preferential treatment. Every Vendor on this site is a reputable shop that has proven customer satisfaction.

As for rake, stretch, etc... I would stick to what we have all been doing which is 9* trees, and I believe 35* on the frame. I know with a 2-up, 2out you'll clear everything but anything less than that and you have the potential of having clearance issues at the trees/switch cap.

I am using stock tubes on my setup but there are 1" and 2" extensions available should I need to raise the front a little. I am also using a travel limiter that will be around 1" to keep the trees off of the fender.

There are some pretty sharp guys on this site. Ask away and we shall do the best we can.

smokenjoep01

Do we have any members on this board currently that have used a aftermarket frame for a ground up?
Bill are those frame rake numbers 35* overall?

Last edited:

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Do we have any members on this board currently that have used a aftermarket frame for a ground up?
Bill are those frame rake numbers 35* overall?

35* in the frame plus 9* trees for a 26". 44* total overall.

As far as I know, nobody has started with just a frame yet on this site. You'll be the first and I can't wait to see how it goes.

Bill

I used to own some shit!
I wonder if it cones with the rear section???

If you end up needing a rear frame section I have one you can get cheap.

yardsale

Up in da one fiddy...
annnnnnnd then, I found this... not a bad price to me, replacing a stock frame would be this much...

http://www.pickardbaggerparts.com/Single-Down-Tube-OEM-Replacement-Bagger-Frame_p_29.html

Its amazing watching how fast these vendors adapt to the changing market. I think this industry is an excellent "case study" for MBA entrepreneur courses and gizzard-necked business majors (engineering guys always have to give the business guys shit... because they make so damn much more money than us. Lol!)

smokenjoep01

I wonder if it cones with the rear section???

If you end up needing a rear frame section I have one you can get cheap.

Just another choice to make! I have two very nice custom Corbin saddles for the earlier models without the removable rear subframe. It would be nice to be able to use them. If I do go with the newer style I would most likely buy or custom fab a drop seat rear section. Then need a new seat, pan, upholstery etc.
Looking at the Sugar Daddy bike, I think in my taste the front tire is to tall. Any idea what size it is? it would be nice if I had some photos of batwing bikes with a 26" vs. a 23"
I need to figure most of this out PDQ and order the stuff this coming week. Most the stuff will be about a month wait.

smokenjoep01

I found this bike on Bagger nation. Buzz kill. It has the rake and tire size Im looking to achieve. Any ideas on the specs of this one?

Attachments

• Buzz Kills Bagger.jpg
    Buzz Kills Bagger.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 739

Badgerbob

One of THE 150!
I am sure if you called Paul he would probably give you the info needed.
Looks to me its a 09 frame with neck rake and tree's with 23 front tire.
This would and should be a awesome build. JMO.

smokenjoep01

Well it's going to be a 26" Racine by Renegade wheels.
I visited Cameron at Camtech and dropped north of 6 grand with them. I purchased a non flared body kit, stretched bags, audio lids, pro street rear fender, a wrap around front fender, 9 degree trees, the front wheel, 13" rotor, HHI 6 piston caliper, and the $400.00 front tire!
Also ordered my frame from Rolling Thunder. 9 degrees of rake in the neck. Tube backbone, single down tube, 2 up, 2 out. 4-8 weeks out and north of three grand there.
So I should have the major parts the first of June. What to do till then?

Bill

I used to own some shit!
It's going to be sick! I'll definately be riding over to check it out first hand too. "If that's ok"

vrog

One of THE 150!
Well it's going to be a 26" Racine by Renegade wheels.
I visited Cameron at Camtech and dropped north of 6 grand with them. I purchased a non flared body kit, stretched bags, audio lids, pro street rear fender, a wrap around front fender, 9 degree trees, the front wheel, 13" rotor, HHI 6 piston caliper, and the $400.00 front tire!
Also ordered my frame from Rolling Thunder. 9 degrees of rake in the neck. Tube backbone, single down tube, 2 up, 2 out. 4-8 weeks out and north of three grand there.
So I should have the major parts the first of June. What to do till then?

Thats awesome can't wait to see your progress. Cameron is good people. You will be happy

Latest posts