ROT Rally

To all my brethren in the Southwest... some of us midatlantic folks are looking for place to try out this year... I have been looking at videos of the rally and it looks great. How is the weather in June in TX? Here it sucks, but is it "dry heat" for you guys? Anyone been? Looking for honest opinions since it would be a long ride to get there! Also Eyeballing the Bikes & BBQ in Arkansas... We want out of the Eastern Seaboard this year!

Zach

Site Supporter
I've been to both Fayetteville and Austin many times. If I had a choice, I'd go to Fayetteville. I think it would be a much nicer ride there and back and the riding around there is better. Austin is a very cool town, but it's surrounded by the rest of Texas. LOL

Zach

TraceCave Customs

Its really not that dry of heat there. I have been to the ROT about 4 times. Love it but it is freakin hot. Biggest show in Texas.

"Z"

I live about 1 1/2 hours from Fayetteville. The riding in nw Arkansas is awesome but BBBQ is more of a vendor show than a rally and very very crowded.

AllOlds

Site Supporter
I live about 1 1/2 hours from Fayetteville. The riding in nw Arkansas is awesome but BBBQ is more of a vendor show than a rally and very very crowded.
Where are you? I'm about 1 1/2hrs from fayetteville and 10 min from kansas.

I've been to bbbbq for about the last 5years and always find something different to do each year. There is a lot of stuff going on all at the same time and to make the most of it you either need 5yrs of trial and error or a guide. Each year we go we have a better time than the last. JIM

Nomad

Site Supporter
BBBBQ is the setting for some of the best riding in the region IMHO. Scenic 7 all the way down to Hot Springs, the Pig Trail, great riding. They say Arkansas had enough money to pave the roads nicely, but not enough to stretch them out straight. Be sure to check out the Arkansas Grand Canyon, great riding around there too.

"Z"

Where are you? I'm about 1 1/2hrs from fayetteville and 10 min from kansas.

I've been to bbbbq for about the last 5years and always find something different to do each year. There is a lot of stuff going on all at the same time and to make the most of it you either need 5yrs of trial and error or a guide. Each year we go we have a better time than the last. JIM
Well, we must be neighbors! I'm in Columbus. You?

ddavis

I haven't been to ROT yet, but I plan to. I live in a neighboring town of Fayetteville, where BBB is held. When that time comes, if you guys need guide for some rides, let me know. I ride these roads all the time during the warm months.

Thanx D, that is probably the answer we will be asking later... once we decide, we will need guides to show us the spots. We are getting tired of MB and Daytone, so we wanted something completely different. BTW, I seen a video of one of the Southern rallies that had your bike in it (one of the TX ones or BBQ, sure you never went)... now I need to go back and find it now that you chimed in.
I haven't been to ROT yet, but I plan to. I live in a neighboring town of Fayetteville, where BBB is held. When that time comes, if you guys need guide for some rides, let me know. I ride these roads all the time during the warm months.

saweetandlow

To all my brethren in the Southwest... some of us midatlantic folks are looking for place to try out this year... I have been looking at videos of the rally and it looks great. How is the weather in June in TX? Here it sucks, but is it "dry heat" for you guys? Anyone been? Looking for honest opinions since it would be a long ride to get there! Also Eyeballing the Bikes & BBQ in Arkansas... We want out of the Eastern Seaboard this year!
I have been the last seven years the first year it raind like a cow pissing on a flat rock.
Every year except last year it is hot lots of sun screen and H20. This last year was great perfect weather
Nice riding. 2011 we got up in the am and went south on 35 and on the way back to Austin that day around 4pm
the heat off the hwy was so hot that you could feel the underside of your arms burning from the road.
We would stop and we our caps and t shirts and in ten min they were dry as a bone.
did I mention lots of sun screen

Ohhh, I am to white for that! crispy arms are not high on my list... But it sounds like the bike will hook up when I get squirrely! Time to break another belt!
I have been the last seven years the first year it raind like a cow pissing on a flat rock.
Every year except last year it is hot lots of sun screen and H20. This last year was great perfect weather
Nice riding. 2011 we got up in the am and went south on 35 and on the way back to Austin that day around 4pm
the heat off the hwy was so hot that you could feel the underside of your arms burning from the road.
We would stop and we our caps and t shirts and in ten min they were dry as a bone.
did I mention lots of sun screen

Hot.dog

Rot is hot as hell but badass... Sixth street is something to see and one hell of a party. The scenery outside of Austin is very nice. I've been to Daytona and Austin a few times and I would take ROT over Daytona any time.

Coach

The nude mile makes for some killer entertainment. Yes it is crazy hot! Then again thats Texas!

tuffdblnkl

ROT is a good rally. Its at the county fairgrounds and on private property so it gets wild inside those fences, and the later it gets the wilder it gets. Look for the 40' floater with the stripper poles!!!!! It's def a HOT mofo but some nice ridin in the hill country. We gotta an RV spot on the parade route and we'll be partying it up.

Golo12sg

I will be there as well with a buddy that has a hooked up 26" SG. I've been to the Galveston Lonestar rally twice buy ROT will be a first for me. The videos looked bad ass and can't miss it this year!

Greg

Latest posts