Road trip

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

stupid_rope

Resident JerkFade
Packed up the SG and made a run to Pensacola FL from Hampton Roads, VA. Made it down in one shot - 17 hours, 950 miles, froze our asses off. My bro riding a 2011 Super Glide with no windshield.

Made it back through the rain and lost my front fucking fender. Damn rear bolts backed out/broke off. Lost a Yaffe fender spacer at 5:30am in pouring rain somewhere in South Carolina.

Anyway, here's a pic for your laughing pleasure. Just over 2,000 miles in 3 days with one day at the beach. Other than the fender, the bike ran like a champ.

Oh, and that is a custom made backrest I built. It attaches to the HD sissy bar. Anybody else interested, let me know.

Attachments

• Pensacola trip.jpg
    Pensacola trip.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 140

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Sounds like an interesting trip!!!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

stupid_rope

Resident JerkFade
Locktite is your friend on Harleys.

How'd your speaker lids hold up in the rain?

Zach

The right rear hole was stripped and the left rear hole actually broke the hole out. I used a ton of heavy duty locktite but oh well. New lower legs and I'll bend some metal tabs for the fender.

The lids held up just fine actually. No water in the bags, just a bit in the speakers. honestly, my next build will NOT use Cycle Sounds lids. if i do lid speakers again, they'll be something different

stupid_rope

Resident JerkFade
how did your ass do on that lepera seat? I can barely get in a 100 miles without my ass being on fire!

Never once had butt burn. Seat was great! We stopped every 125-200 miles for gas/nicotine/caffeine/to piss. A quick 5 - 10 minute stop to stretch and smoke and we were back at it.

stupid_rope

Resident JerkFade
Yeah man it was great.

A little update - I was able to get the insurance company to cover the fender and new chrome legs. So no extra money out of my pocket. The body shop has the fender now and the rest of the parts have come in. Just waiting on paint!

Also, my relay shit the bed after the rain storms but Arnott was great and is sending me a replacement under warranty. Soon i'll have the air ride back up and running with new 13" shocks.

Latest posts