Road Star Bagger build

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Grinder

Hey guys... Im over from the RSC... Mine is a 2000 Road Star with a lot of miles and a lot of mods... built the bike myself including paint and fab work... There are a lot of really nice bikes over here... got the link from Slothy...
2012-08-12_17-54-15_528.jpg
2012-08-12_17-55-35_740.jpg
2012-08-12_17-56-31_226.jpg2012-08-12_17-56-09_251.jpg

Last edited:

Grinder

Thanks fellas... toez71... that is a 21" RC Components Eclipse Hole shot... and I am running a 140/70/21 on it... I just acquired a set of 6 piston calipers and I am thinking of going single sided rotor to open the wheel up on the right side...

Grinder

That 140/70/21 is a monster! it is the same size as a 23" wheel and tire... completely fills the HD Street Glide front fender up... I used a 5/16" fuel line to space the fender from the tire and fit perfectly... I am currently working on a metal extension for the bottom of the rear fender... I am extending it 5" with the same thickness sheet metal as the factory HD fender... then I will paint the front fender to match the rest of the bike...

Last edited:

toez71

thats wat i thaught but im wondering if its a 140 up front if hes runnin a 21,i was debating on jumpin up to a bigger size fron a 120-70-21 but all i can find is 140 70 21

Grinder

thats wat i thaught but im wondering if its a 140 up front if hes runnin a 21,i was debating on jumpin up to a bigger size fron a 120-70-21 but all i can find is 140 70 21

yeah, the 140/70/21 is the biggest they make right now... that I know of... I dont know that I would want to go any bigger on a 21" wheel... any bigger and I would just go 23"...

toez71

yeah, the 140/70/21 is the biggest they make right now... that I know of... I dont know that I would want to go any bigger on a 21" wheel... any bigger and I would just go 23"...

very true,the 120 70 21 feels very unstable after any speed over 75mph at steady cruise speed, so im tempted on jumpin up to that 140 ,but yours looks like it sits nice in there,,may try it,,

Grinder

BIG difference from the 120 to the 140 in stability... I know you will like it... a bit pricey though at around $175... that the cheapest I could find the Metz 880...

toez71

yes i have been lookin ebay, cheapest i found was 205.00 plus shippin, i still got to make up spacers or buy them, an also worrin about my lowers hitting the fender once raised,cause i put in a 1inch drop up front?

Grinder

yeah, I have a 2" drop up front as of right now... I am looking at doing the air ride up front as well... I have a firestone single convoluted MC bag out back with a Viair 100c compressor... looking at adding 2 air tanks to supply the front and back... because, when I had to hit the brakes pretty hard the other day (when a blue hair pulled out in front of me) I now have a dimple in the top of my fender from the headlight ring retaining screw... DANGIT...

toez71

g
jus forwarded this to my brotherinlaw, hes got a 03 i think ,hes lookin into bags an a batwing conversion on his, i think he will be sendin u pm somtime soon ,,lol k thanx for the info,again nice job on the bike,,

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Welcome to the site, sweet azz Road Star!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Grinder

g
jus forwarded this to my brotherinlaw, hes got a 03 i think ,hes lookin into bags an a batwing conversion on his, i think he will be sendin u pm somtime soon ,,lol k thanx for the info,again nice job on the bike,,

Good deal... I will give him all the info I can... Im by no means the Road Star Guru... but, I hold my own... and thanks again

Latest posts