Road King Audio

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

BLACKIZZLE

Site Supporter
Hey everyone, Im starting to piece together my bike little by little again and I sold my stock bags the other day. Now the dilemma is, do i put on some lids with some speakers in them like LoudLids or something along those lines. The only thing I don't know is if I will be able to hear it going down the road with JUST speakers in the lids. Does anyone on here have any experience with bikes with speakers in ONLY the bags? I know I will be able to hear it in town, but I wanna jam while going down the highway too.

Let me know if you have any experience with this or have any input on the situation.

Thanks

N

Nautical Customs

Its hard to hear the lids down the hwy no matter how loud they are. The wind is working against u. Crash bar speakers or a fairing.

BLACKIZZLE

Site Supporter
u couldnt pay me to put a crash bar on haha. what if I put speakers in the lids and 2 tweeters in my headlight bezel?

Bill

I used to own some shit!
I think you'll still be struggling to hear it. I had a quadzilla fairing on my King that I could hear to 90MPH pretty good.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

thecort

No disrespect meant to those posting before me, but I have cycle sound lids & can fade front to rear & I can hear the lids just fine @ 70mph + when it's just the rear playing. You should be fine with either lid.

Tap it!

DAPERFORMANCE

Extreme Vendor
MY ROADKING 002.jpgMY ROADKING 010.jpgMY ROADKING 014.jpgMY ROADKING 015.jpgMY ROADKING 019.jpg

here is some pics of my old roadking, i did 6.5 headlight bucketes, powder coated them and put audison 6.5 in them. With hertz 6x9 in lids in rear. I have always been against crash bars, but u gotta have from speakers, using the lindby bar and powdercoating them all the same color it doesn't stick out that much it kinda blends in with bike. Over 70mph its gonna be hard to hear speakers that are behind u especially with out having a fairing to block wind

thecort

Over 70mph its gonna be hard to hear speakers that are behind u especially with out having a fairing to block wind

Didn't think about the "no fairing thing". That would probably make a big difference.

Erase my whole previous post! Lol

Tap it!

DAPERFORMANCE

Extreme Vendor
I loved my king, but part of the reason i got rid of it is cause no matter how loud the stereo is. At 80mph the wind plays a big factor. Now on my street glide i can have the volume half way and still here it!!!! Also i wanted a 26" wheel and didnt feel like selling everything for the 23" to redo and do 26" lol

BLACKIZZLE

Site Supporter
thanks for all the options guys, but I bought a road king for a reason and thats to not have a fairing. I know it would be the easiest way to hear the music, but if i have to go without music, then so be it. I was just hoping I could figure something out. another idea I had was to work some speakers/tweeters into the dash panel+have the speakers in the lids. who knows. I dont think I will know unless I just do it.

it might have to wait until I get a set of pipes that arent loud too. because right now, they wake up the whole state of iowa haha

thanks for the responses guys.

thecort

last time I tried that, it didnt work worth a shit. maybe if i try my bose earbuds it will be better.

Look into Shure ear buds ( Shure.com ) even Skull Candy. Shure is expensive but worth it. I used them when I had my Vrod.
It had Bub Jug Huggers...they're ridiculously loud & I had no problem hearing music.
Whatever type you get make sure they're like foam type earplugs that need to be squashed to fit in your ear canal. Then they expand to fit to your ear.

Tap it!

Last edited:

Bagged64

I had some sony ear buds I paid about $40 for that I used when I rode and wife got me some Bose for christmas and I prefer the Sony over the Bose, so if possible try some out before you buy. Some good reviews for the Monster isport and the Beats headphones. I am going to try the Monster isports next.

slothy

Balls
i bought a pair of the higher end sennheiserear buds and fuck me they are loud/clear/even have some bass to them. i know some of the higher end sony are amazing also.

Woody

I previously used these on my FatBoy and they were ok, as I wanted wind blocking and music also. Now I took the soundblocking tips off and put them on my Sony earbuds and I have no worries at all. I listen to them for 200+ highway miles up to Daytona twice a year and it makes a world of difference!

http://www.earplugstore.com/e-a-rbuds.html

Latest posts