Road Glide OEM Double Din inner fairing

Q Hog

Site Supporter
Do you have any pics to share of your double din RG fairing mod on a 23" with only a Pickard rake tree?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Q Hog

Site Supporter
Is it possible for you to shave the area , that might touch, down prior to installing the mod to save time from going back and forth checking fitment?

Audiowerks Custom Cycles

Extreme Vendor
Is it possible for you to shave the area , that might touch, down prior to installing the mod to save time from going back and forth checking fitment?
Yes. And if it helps I have a bike at the shop with those trees. So if you decide to do it soon I can check fitment. Next 2-3 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Evil

Site Supporter
Hey guys Just though I would throw this little bit of info out there for anyone who is thinking of trying this mod themselves using the Chinese doube din that can be bought through e-bay!!!!!!!!!!

DO NOT DO IT !!!!!

I know first hand what a piece of junk that Chinese double din kit is.
The radio does not fit, and when you do get it to fit it points toward the sky (which would cause a ton of glare on the screen)
could I make it fit (YES......with a TON of work)

Save yourself the trouble, and have the guys at Audiowerks do their magic.
I have done work with them before, and they are a great shop to deal with....great bunch of stand up guys.

torqu

I wouldn't say it's junk, it just takes A LOT of hours to get a radio to fit and body work. I know first hand because I just finished one. A lot of hours are involved with the same amount of money. If i had to do it over I would go with Audiowerks .

Papi

Matt

If I get the setup you recommended and later on I wanted to add lid covers. Will it handle the lid speakers? Who's lid do you recommend & what size speakers?

Audiowerks Custom Cycles

Extreme Vendor
Matt

If I get the setup you recommended and later on I wanted to add lid covers. Will it handle the lid speakers? Who's lid do you recommend & what size speakers?
Any aftermarket double din can run 4 speakers. But I would definitely run an amp to fronts and rears. The decks don't have enough power to overcome bike and wind noise.

Papi

Yes you can certainly do the upgrades in stages. Our Premium kit comes with

Wet Sounds Syn Micro amp
Hertz Hi energy 6.5" coaxial speakers
Adapter rings
Plug and play wire harness

As far as double dins we use Sony and Kenwood

Hand control interfaces are a Scosche harness adapter with a PAC universal bar control adapter.

Matt I was specifically talking about this amp setup. Which speaker setup 2 ohm or 4 ohm etc.....

Audiowerks Custom Cycles

Extreme Vendor
That setup would run 2 speakers. You could run 4 if they where in either the front or back. But the rears are a different size and you would also loose fade running a 2 channel amp to fronts and rears. I would either switch the amp to the arc mini 125.4 or the new arc moto600.4.

xtec

Is the Road Glide double din inner fairing still available? Will it work on a 2011 RG with stock inner fairing mount position and stock handle bar mounted speedo and tach?

Audiowerks Custom Cycles

Extreme Vendor
Is the Road Glide double din inner fairing still available? Will it work on a 2011 RG with stock inner fairing mount position and stock handle bar mounted speedo and tach?
We do still offer the service. We are at a 3 week wait on them right now. They will usually work on w stock bike but we do not guarantee it. Some slight modification might be required prior to painting.

Audiowerks Custom Cycles

Extreme Vendor
Thanks. what mods might be required?
Sanding the bottom edge of the fairing under the radio to clear the gauge pod. Loosening and pulling the fairing bracket forward as much as possible. Sometimes spacing the fairing off of the bracket s little is required.

Q Hog

Site Supporter
FYI, Spacing will be needed.. I had to use spacers on mine with a Pickard tree. Using the space caused me to not be able to use the stock fairing support brackets that mount to the engine guards. Audiowerk did Great workmanship on the fabrication.

xtec

FYI, Spacing will be needed.. I had to use spacers on mine with a Pickard tree. Using the space caused me to not be able to use the stock fairing support brackets that mount to the engine guards. Audiowerk did Great workmanship on the fabrication.
Did you make your own fairing support brackets?

Latest posts