RK Conversion

PacMan

When converting a RG over to a RK is it necessary to swap the main harness or can the original RG harness work? Also for those that have swapped over and are not running the RK gauges, what are you using for a speedo if any at all?

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Great question. I've never done a RK conversion. Let me see if we can ping some of the other guys doing this or have done this.

blackandchrome

I've done a couple of king to glide conversions. They aren't bad to do. And going from glide to king wouldn't be bad to do either.

I would swap wire harness. I did it on all of the ones I've done.

What year bike are you working on? I might have some wire harness here to help. Or possibly other parts you may need.

Double

I did a UC to RG conversion and I did swap the harness. I have seen people splicing, but to be safe I'd swap the harness. Plus you should be able to sell the RG harness to someone doing the conversion.
What year of bike is it? I know a guy doing a RG conversion on his 06 and he might be interested in it if you decided to sell it.

PacMan

I've done a couple of king to glide conversions. They aren't bad to do. And going from glide to king wouldn't be bad to do either.

I would swap wire harness. I did it on all of the ones I've done.

What year bike are you working on? I might have some wire harness here to help. Or possibly other parts you may need.
I've got an 05 RG that I'm swapping over. Most of the front end parts are gone already, all I have left is the fairing bracket to go. If you have the harness for a RK I am highly interested. lmk

Latest posts