Rear suspension?

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

FSTBGR

Can someone tell me from their experience what rear suspension you use or used other than Air Ride. I don't want Air Ride, i've had it before and I want to try Progressive 970's. I know they are not made for baggers yet, but I heard you can shim them so the bags don't hit them. I know most dudes here rock air ride so I don't know if anyone has first hand experience with this.....I want a suspension that is quick to adjust so I can change it quick when the wife wants to ride. The only reason I don't want Air Ride is because I had them on my 04RK and it was a little sloppy in the ass end and i've heard most Air Ride feels like this. I would love your suggestions........Thanks AJ I wasn't happy with my progressive air dragger system, it was kind of chinsy.........

Opunui

Did you inquire about Ohlin line of shocks. I kinda got lost in your statement..you want to be able to adjust for the wife with a mechanical type shock or push a button.

Would you want to be able to preload it and control rebound and dampening...

Zach

Site Supporter
I run Progressive 440's and have for 6 years. I love them. I can adjust the preload on them by turning the top of the shock body. Takes seconds. My wife usually goes with me once a year on a weekend ride. 1/2 to 1 turn on the shock is all I need. I think Progressive has come out with some better options since the 440's came out.

I'd do Ohlin's if there was a way to make the front suspension as good as those shocks are. Seems like the best options for front are Traxxion Dynamics, Progressive Monotubes, or Ricor Intiminators. None of them seem to be on the same level as the Ohlin's (except maybe the Traxxion stuff).

Zach

TNTCC

Site Supporter
Looked at the Traxxion website. Look really nice, a little pricy but would like to ride with them.

FSTBGR

Ohlins has the gold valve emulator kit for the front.....i think im gonna go with the new remote resivoir 970's coming out in weeks for baggers....

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2

thecort

I have a set of Ohlins. #3, #3's. They're awesome. They have a ton of adjustability & are worth every cent. I had Progressive 440's & I thought they were worse than stock...JMO. In the 440's defense, they were only 11.5" so they didn't have much travel. I also had a set on my Vrod & wasn't impressed with those either. Like Slothys link, give Howard a call at Motorcycle Metal (954) 449-6173. He'll set you up with what you need.
Send me a PM if you have any questions.
Here's a comparison pic Btwn 440's & Ohlins.

Tap it!

Latest posts