Rear Air Ride vs. Ohlins

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

thecort

Well, I have just recently finished installing the rear air ride suspension found here. I have to admit that I was very skeptical at first because of the ride quality.

A little history first...be patient...
Coming form Sportbikes & dragging knees through corners, suspension is important to me.
Like most of us here, I too hated the stock rear shocks on the HD baggers. They just plain suck, no explaination necessary. So, I decided to replace them with 11.5" Progressive 440 HD shocks. They were worse. Probably because of the limited amount of travel. But they shouldn't have been worse IMO.
I replaced those with a new set of Ohlins #3,#3's. They were excellent! I was very happy with them. I didn't even think about changing out to something else...til I started reading the "Homemade Air Ride" thread, here.

Well, I haven't heard 1 negative thing about them except for being easy to install, riding great & taking much, much less money out of your pocket then the name brand air ride systems (not negative, I know lol)

Btw, they may not have the adjustibilty of the Ohlins but they're fine for me, on a BAGGER!

Well, here's my review of the air ride, & I can sum it up in one word (thanks Noel & Ricco, got this from you two)...

"theyfuckingrocksogoodthatiwanttosmackmyselfintheheadfornotdoingitsoonerinfactijustdid!

Jokercraze

" JOKERS WILD "
well, i have just recently finished installing the rear air ride suspension found here. I have to admit that i was very skeptical at first because of the ride quality.

A little history first...be patient...
Coming form sportbikes & dragging knees through corners, suspension is important to me.
Like most of us here, i too hated the stock rear shocks on the hd baggers. They just plain suck, no explaination necessary. So, i decided to replace them with 11.5" progressive 440 hd shocks. They were worse. Probably because of the limited amount of travel. But they shouldn't have been worse imo.
I replaced those with a new set of ohlins #3,#3's. They were excellent! I was very happy with them. I didn't even think about changing out to something else...til i started reading the "homemade air ride" thread, here.

Well, i haven't heard 1 negative thing about them except for being easy to install, riding great & taking much, much less money out of your pocket then the name brand air ride systems (not negative, i know lol)

btw, they may not have the adjustibilty of the ohlins but they're fine for me, on a bagger!

Well, here's my review of the air ride, & i can sum it up in one word (thanks noel & ricco, got this from you two)...

"theyfuckingrocksogoodthatiwanttosmackmyselfintheheadfornotdoingitsoonerinfactijustdid!

lmao

Bill

I used to own some shit!
What's so cool about pulling up to a spot & dropping the ass & hearing people oh & ahhh? Lol

Tap it!

It's even cooler when they see the front drop, and you get off the bike with it standing straight up!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

thecort

Yeah, I got to get that center stand now.
You guys are nothing but big jerks making me spend all this money! Lmao!

Tap it!

HTNHARD

LOL!! I love hearing "holy cow, look how low that is, how can he corner ect.." I walk up and raise it to a 14" shock, then hit the dump 3-4 times looking like a "low rida" :)