Raked Electra glide fairing

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

smokenjoep01

I have seen some raked fairings available from various retailers. That got me thinking. When doing a 26" wheel, 9 degree rake and 9 degree trees on my Electra Glide project, will the fairing be at such a angle I would have to have one of these raked fairings?
If so, what is modified on the fairing to make it work? HAs anybody done a backyard modification?

Bill

I used to own some shit!
You will need either a raked fairing, or a raked headlight bucket.

To do it yourself you would pie cut the fairing behind the headlight, angle the light down, and glass it back together.

I know there was a guy who did his own but I can't think of who it was at the moment... Rob something maybe??;

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Yes a wedge works, but a raked fairing looks better imo.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

QuikHD

One of THE 150!
Could you give me a little info on whats needed or photos? Would a wedge behind the bucket work?

In this pic, you can see where it's cut, just have to fill it in after that. We cut it, pulled it down till the headlight was where we wanted it and screwed in a brace to hold it while it gets filled in.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334242805.006537.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bradwulf20

Could you give me a little info on whats needed or photos? Would a wedge behind the bucket work?

kewl metal makes spacer that bolts to the fairing and your headlight bucket screws to it to correct the angle of the headlight. not sure on price but they are a vendor on this forum and could surely help you.

808Bagger

In this pic, you can see where it's cut, just have to fill it in after that. We cut it, pulled it down till the headlight was where we wanted it and screwed in a brace to hold it while it gets filled in.

View attachment 3738

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking forward to seeing how your batwing will look. Doing that cut and adding a scoop will look good too. I've seen some hood scoops on eBay. Looking good Quik!

BIG TIME BAGGER

I raked mine with a friend. I cut it the same way spaced it like 3 inches and glassed it back together.Took 1 afternoon.

smokenjoep01

I was introduced to a different method of achieving the rake on a fairing, while moving the entire inner fairing forward getting it away from the rider. A Electra glide I seen in Myrtle Beach the owner rolled/ tilted the entire fairing assembly forward with adjustments in the fairing mount brackets. There was somethings that we're customized to achieve this. But I thought it was another great option. Who else has done this method?

Latest posts