Rake install Questions

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

customglide

I have put on my HHI neck builders kit and trees. Im currently installing the front end tubes. How do you tigten the tubes themselves to the upper trees? I have them as tight as I can by hand and have tigtened the pinch bolts, and I assume thats all there is to it but it doesnt really seem right (only screws into the top tree bracket about halfway). Also, I bought the fairing relocation bracket (road glide) from HHI and it doesnt even line up with the holes! Anyone else have these issues?
Also, the 2 bolts on the bottom of the top tree bracket in the very front, are they just bump stops? Instructions for these parts are ridiculously vague

DAPERFORMANCE

Extreme Vendor
Those are bump stops for 08 down bikes. The tube should thread till there is no gap between fork cap and top tripple tree.... If it gets tight half way some times u need to make sure threads are clean.... If u got at least 2 full turns i will put a rag with a pipe wrench to get it going again......if ur only getting half a turn start over ur cross threading it.... All u do is get it all the way in snug by hand then tighten pinch bolts.

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Also make sure you don't tighten the pinch bolts until the weight is back on the front end and the fall away is set.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

customglide

What do you set the fall away at with this setup? Is it the standard 2 1/2 The fork extension is tight to the tube, if you look down from the top of the upper triple tree the whole fork tube on both sides is tight and flush only threaded half way through the hole. Nothing is cross threading.

Latest posts