Radio wiring

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Sridinlow

I have a 04 electra glide standard, which doesn't come with a radio. I am going to put an aftermarket radio in and was wondering what i need to get this done. Im pretty good with car radios but kinda lost when it comes to the bike. Is their a wiring kit i can get or do i have to hard wire it in? i plan on putting in a marine sony radio and a amp.

Marc

""The Chopped Baggers Guy""
There's a kit. You've got the controls already in there right..

My son has a 00 standard and we bought a radio with speakers and a plug kit, it's a Sony marine radio with the iPod slot. Got it off eBay..

BIG TIME BAGGER

Biketronics retro kit will plug and play. Allows u to use your hand controls. Hit up Cisco at nautical customs

Opunui

If your looking for a biketronic kit I have one for the pioneer head units. Probably fit other models. I think it's b1005.

Slowbagger

Site Supporter
I used a this biketronics mount kit http://www.directharleyparts.com/ra...ronics-retro-radio-sized-mounting-p-3868.html and tapped into the stock wiring to find a constant power, key on power, and ground to the triple tree ground on my bike and then just ran speaker wires from the radio to the speakers. It was simple to do. I've also got a PAC Audio steering wheel interface but haven't installed it because it sounded complicated and I haven't made the time to sit down and actually read the directions lol. http://www.pac-audio.com/SWI/SWIApp...oduct=SWI-PS&swiRadioManu=Pioneer&swiOptions=

Last edited:

Sridinlow

Thanks for all the help! Its great to see a site that everyone helps everyone, with little to no bashing. I have been a member of a lot of Forums and this one is really good!

Latest posts