Question on lower legs

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

"Z"

A big wheel upgrade may or may not be in my future. For now lm working with a 21. If I go with chrome legs will I have to change them for the biggie?
I understand that the tubes will need some mod.

iowabagger

Site Supporter
all i did was mill off my right side brake bracket for my single side setup, bead blast and sent it to the powder coater, works fine

thecort

If you're just referring to a 21", you won't have to do anything to the legs. If you use your stock FL fender then make sure to hike it up & back as far as you can to make enough room for the larger wheel & tire. You can also ream out the rear fender mounting hole, a little, to gain some additional clearance if needed.

Tap it!

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Any wheel is going to use the same lowers as long as they are single/dual disk to fit your needs.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

"Z"

Sorry if that was confusing. I have been running a 21 for 2 years now. I am doing a make over on the RG (bags, fenders, and tank + paint) . Wanting to also do chrome lower fork legs.

My question was that if and when I chop for a 26 can I use the same legs?

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Sorry if that was confusing. I have been running a 21 for 2 years now. I am doing a make over on the RG (bags, fenders, and tank + paint) . Wanting to also do chrome lower fork legs.

My question was that if and when I chop for a 26 can I use the same legs?

Yup, they will bolt right up.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

vrog

One of THE 150!
I have those Fat HHI bombers and the clearance is extremely tight. A few new england potholes is all it took for them to scrape. If I ever do it again i'm going stock legs.

"Z"

Thanks guys. You answered my question.
Any forum venders peddling chrome lowers that you all recommend? I'm reaching the end of this project and over budget, re-chromed stock ones would be ok with me.

Forgive my typos I'm using Tapatalk. lol.

Last edited:

yardsale

Up in da one fiddy...
I did re-chromed lowers and... well, for $250 more... just go with the smoothed version from the pros

Zeescustoms

Vendor
chromebaggerleg2.jpgchromebaggerleg5lrg.jpg

We are now offering smooth bagger legs for you 2000 and later FL. Offered in chrome, black, and raw. Included in the kit is a flush hidden axle. These legs are must if your doing a custom bagger. Fender Brackets are adjustable height and we have kits available so you can use the Fatboy Fender on a bagger.

Features

-Hidden Axle
-Smooth look billet legs
-Fits baggers 2000 and later
-Dual or Single Disk
-Models for Softail are available.
-1", 25MM OR 3/4"axle

$575.00

PM please

or contact us at [email protected]

BLACKIZZLE

Site Supporter
^just remember, if you are running these legs, you are gonna need different fender spacers. they are only like 70 bucks. but just make sure u order them with the lowers if you go that route so you dont have to wait to put your fender on.

Dont ask how I know this.......haha