Pulling front forks off?

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Jeremy1976

Instead of having the stealership do it I would like to do it myself. Just wondering how big of a deal it is to pull them off?? I want to get them powder coated gloss black to match the rest of the bike. I am looking to get a lift as well. I have a full set of good tools and am mechanically inclined.

Thinking I am going to pick up a service manual for torque specs and such. Just trying to get a head start.

Thanks guys!

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Very easy...

Less than 10 bolts and they are off.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

crutter

Site Supporter
It's a great DIY project. Only special tools you need are a 1 3/8 socket and a 41mm seal driver. The seal driver can be made from PVC. Where are you located?

Big Evil

Site Supporter
What size pvc do you use for the seal driver, and how do you make one

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

crutter

Site Supporter
41mm is roughly 1 5/8" so I would say 1 3/4 if you can find it. If not 2. The critical thing is that it can pass over the fork tube. Needs to be about 6-8" long. Then assemble the leg, slide seal down tube, and gently tap the seal in place with the pvc

Big Evil

Site Supporter
Thanks crutter!
I'll be installing a blacked out single sided front end, along with the progressive mono-tube lowering kit come October. That's when my bike goes in for custom paint. I'll have to make one

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts