Project planing help

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

10Seconds

Ok, so I am new here and have been planing and replaning and buying parts, etc. for my build for over a year. Here is where I am at right now:

Starting point is a 2010 Ultra Classic. So far I have done cams, oil cooler, V&H Dresser Duals, S/E style aircleaner, highway pegs, and some basic dress up stuff. I also got the SG style bag braces and powdercoated them black and the the Harley Tour-pak detachable hardware, also powdercoated black.

I have bought:
- 14" PYO Monkey bars
- Chrome controls, switch housings.
- Braided cables
- PYO stretched tank
- Custom carbon fiber gauges, blue LED lights by Marty
- Trike trees and skirt cover
- CVO Ultra style side lights/signals

My plan is to get the 23" Titan wheel from Hogpro with a wrap fender and to get the smooth chrome lowers with the hidden axel. I am still trying to decide whether to go single sided on the brake rotor, I really want to for looks, but just am not sure about it.

On the rear I want to go with a stretched fender and bags setup but I am not sure which one. I love the flush LED tail lights / turnsignals that Misfit offered for a while. But I am not sure what to get now.

This is something along the lines of what I am thinking:

2009-2012 Harley davidson-touring-stretched rear fender-Misfit Baggers-1.jpg

Any and all help, feedback, and thoughts are appreciated.

Marc

""The Chopped Baggers Guy""
Ok, so I am new here and have been planing and replaning and buying parts, etc. for my build for over a year. Here is where I am at right now:

Starting point is a 2010 Ultra Classic. So far I have done cams, oil cooler, V&H Dresser Duals, S/E style aircleaner, highway pegs, and some basic dress up stuff. I also got the SG style bag braces and powdercoated them black and the the Harley Tour-pak detachable hardware, also powdercoated black.

I have bought:
- 14" PYO Monkey bars
- Chrome controls, switch housings.
- Braided cables
- PYO stretched tank
- Custom carbon fiber gauges, blue LED lights by Marty
- Trike trees and skirt cover
- CVO Ultra style side lights/signals

My plan is to get the 23" Titan wheel from Hogpro with a wrap fender and to get the smooth chrome lowers with the hidden axel. I am still trying to decide whether to go single sided on the brake rotor, I really want to for looks, but just am not sure about it.

On the rear I want to go with a stretched fender and bags setup but I am not sure which one. I love the flush LED tail lights / turnsignals that Misfit offered for a while. But I am not sure what to get now.

This is something along the lines of what I am thinking:

View attachment 10511

Any and all help, feedback, and thoughts are appreciated.

Nice start and great to have you.

I stuck with dual rotors as I ride hard.
Went with a 26 just to skip the I want a 2-6..
I have a true kustom fender in order, check them out..

Post pics of your bike..

Zach

Site Supporter
13" rotor and a 6 piston caliper will have you stopping pretty close to stock. I really noticed an improvement when I went rom stock rotor to the 13". Looks great too IMO.

Zach

customglide

I also have the single side brake setup and love it. Looks way better and stops the same. I would also skip the 23 and go 26. That bike you posted is awesome looking! Do you know which exhaust that is and which rear fender?

yardsale

Up in da one fiddy...
Good plan to find a bike you like and then build your own. Sounds like you are off to a great start. After riding about 350 miles round-trip today through Denver/Colorado Springs traffic, I'd be inclined to recommend as much braking power as possible.