Project G'Old S'Cool

Shak

Site Supporter
Pics look great! I can't wait to see it in person!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DSmoke

Back on the lift after the trip to NJ for Gumptattoo's bike night. I had a minor wobble in the front, but only sometimes, so I decided to check some things out. I discovered the wheel was out of true, which when trying to true broke the seal on the "tubeless" spoke wheel. I also discovered a piece of rubber missing on my tire on the bead. I stripped a fork cap stud, and broke my new speedo drive on the trip. So here is how it sits while I wait for my new tire and other needed parts.uploadfromtaptalk1433445972261.jpg

And a picture of Shak's and my bike after we got soaked on the way to NJ and ran for cover. It rained so hard we couldn't see past our nose to find a place to pull over, saw the barn and aimed for it.uploadfromtaptalk1433446088366.jpg

Shak

Site Supporter
We'll be back up and running soon I hope!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DSmoke

Damnit, ordered tire from J&P only to find out 2 days later that "In Stock, usually ships same day" on the website doesn't mean shit. They are waiting on the tire to arrive to them so I cancelled and ordered elsewhere. They can't even tell me an approximate date I will have it. They will not be my first choice for the "I need to order now" items any more.

Wanna Ride

They are waiting on the tire to arrive to them so I cancelled and ordered elsewhere. They can't even tell me an approximate date I will have it. They will not be my first choice for the "I need to order now" items any more.
Seems to happen a lot there. Aggravating.

DSmoke

OK, so getting ready for Phase 2, this winters work. I have some major house projects planned so I am going to try to balance the 2 to keep everyone happy. I really want to roll this baby out next year totally done, well at least to the point of anybody who looks at it. There may be a few small things to do but here we go.......

Front Air Ride, new lower legs and install center stand
New stereo and front speakers
New front signals
New windshield (cut down one I had for this season)
New mirrors, grips, and switch covers
New gas cap
Finish dash, and redo bag corners (now that I know where it hits)
New floorboards, brake lever and shift lever
Make new seat pan (2 piece) and get professionally upholstered
New swing arm bushings
New paint and pinstriping
Get front brake caliper powder coated

I am also thinking of doing some custom work to the inner and outer fairing, but that will be dependent on time. Shope's new Indian build with the tan and black really has questioning if I stick with the gold. The gold is great, and cagers definitely see me, but that tan color just screams old school.

DSmoke

So I didn't do shit to the bike last winter. I did recently install a new Sony stereo, hand control adapter, and Pioneer speakers from OneSlickGlide. I also just installed a manual centerstand that I bought used here last fall. Love the stand, I definitely feel cooler airing out onto that. Only problem now is that I want it lower. I just paid the tax man so after I recoup some savings I am going to get new grips and mirrors, then a seat. This temp seat is killing me. But before I can do that I need to figure a way to mount a tourpak, and make it detachable. I am not sure if the old Ultra tourpak will look right so I might have to get a razor.

DSmoke

When I built the side covers I envisioned wire mesh on them, but didn't put much time into figuring out what to use, yesterday I can across a drywall patch that was the perfect solution.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

DSmoke

So I just installed a Sta-Bo 1 swing arm bushing and stabilizer kit, and front motor mount. Wow, what a difference, this old tourer is a new bike. Here is post with more info on the kit.
http://choppedbaggers.com/forums/showthread.php?23791-Rear-swing-arm-bushings-stabilizer

I also had the "dreaded click" from the starter, had been this way since I owned the bike, I thought it was the battery and finally broke down and bought a new 420cca battery, then it happened again, press starter and click. So, I cleaned the solenoid and added a push button cover to it. I also added another relay to provide straight 12v power from the battery to the solenoid. So now my start button activates the new relay and bam, it fires right up.

EVILTWN

Great idea. I used drywall fiberglass tape and airbrushed it lightly than pulled the tape. Looks like mesh. But your idea is so much better looking. Thanks for sharing

DSmoke

Thanks guys, the adhesive wasn't quite strong enough, so thinking I will epoxy them on.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Latest posts