progressive 2" front lowering kit

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Josh1

Has anyone lowered the front end of there streetglide the full 2" if so what do you think!
I was thinking of lowering it 1 1/2 and mixing heavy duty and E oil 50/50.
How is the ride?

Thanks

BIG TIME BAGGER

I have with the stock wheel. Use heavier fork oil like the screaming eagle oil. Rode fine for me. I used the progressive drop in kit

nt30

I had to do it on mine with the 21". I'm a short f**ker (30"ish inseam) and it helped, also lowered the rear 2"as well.
Had no complaints about the ride. Lots of friends took it for spins and no complaints out of them.

N

Nautical Customs

when we do a progressive kit. we alway lower them 2in because if u do 1in u cant tell the differences because progressive is a high spring that stock.

Coach

Im planning on doing the same on my 06 E.G. Progressive kit. I have a 21 up front and wanna get the bike as low as possible. Im short as well. Im already having issues with the rear. Im running a matching 18 out back. streetglide 12" shocks. tried the lowering blocks and no bueno. Trashed a rear tire. had 25 pounds in the rear. Have an Arnott air ride set up coming. My concern for the front is that I dont want it to sit lower than the front when I install the lowering kit.

Opunui

Im planning on doing the same on my 06 E.G. Progressive kit. I have a 21 up front and wanna get the bike as low as possible. Im short as well. Im already having issues with the rear. Im running a matching 18 out back. streetglide 12" shocks. tried the lowering blocks and no bueno. Trashed a rear tire. had 25 pounds in the rear. Have an Arnott air ride set up coming. My concern for the front is that I dont want it to sit lower than the front when I install the lowering kit.

What is wrong with the "home made" air ride. could save you some scripts.

Coach

Whats the "home made air ride" ? Which shocks? I want to lay the rear down when parked and have enough travel room to carry a passenger tour pack and gear.

Coach

Nevermind I found the link on here. Much cheaper. Thanks. What size are the Monroe shocks? 12 or 13?

dbell66253

One of THE 150!
I have the progressive monotubes -2" with a 21 out front, the bike rides and handles much better than stock. I still have a 16" on the rear, lowered 3/4" with the shocks.

Coach

Alright sounds like the 2"drop is the way to go. Gonna start ordering the home made air ride set up tonight. This site rocks!

Bill

I used to own some shit!
And those shocks kick ass! I have a set of Arnotts collecting dust now...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts