Powder coated inner primary

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

crutter

Site Supporter
I am thinking of powder coating my inner primary gloss black but I have not seen a whole lot of guys who have done it. Even on the high dollar builds like vrog has. Is there a reason for this. Also do I need to use high temp powder on my trans, primary, and engine parts or is regular powder ok?

or let the PC guy do it... I have the cheap setup from Eastwood and the liquid stripper is badass! If yuo are doing it yourself... if not, most PCers can get it done. I seen alot of craigslsit ads of a PCer in Fredneck, u should check them out.

bagger specialties

One of THE 150!
FYI. My powder coat guy told me not to use chemicals to strip that stuff down. one reason is the powder will peal off so the have to bake it just to get the chemical out of the metal. your inner primary is already powder coated so you will have to bake it and then blast it when its hot . So Ive been told.

Yeah may have to, I have used it on steel powdered stuff and some aluminum. I always prebake and wipe down just in case the metal itself weeps any chemicals. Only tried small pieces of aluminum, but I could see chemicals penetrating it since it is a porous metal. I know a good soda blaster in my area and he is local to HD dealer in Hughesville. Let me know if you want to go that route.

His name is Dan Dove, tell him Benji sent you.

http://www.somdsodablasting.com/

FYI. My powder coat guy told me not to use chemicals to strip that stuff down. one reason is the powder will peal off so the have to bake it just to get the chemical out of the metal. your inner primary is already powder coated so you will have to bake it and then blast it when its hot . So Ive been told.

Latest posts