Possible New Steel Stretched Tank by Pickard... what do yall think?

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

pickardbaggerparts

Extreme Vendor
We are thinking about having our tanks stamped out of steel and go into production for all 08 and up FL models. A lot of people like the larger tanks with more capacity compared to shrouds, covers, and glue on extensions. We have been stretching tanks by hand, then molded them and now sell tank extension kits. Now we are deciding if we should pull the trigger and put our tank on the market. Tooling is VERY expensive, but if the consumers like our product, I don't think we should have too many problems selling them.

Give us your honest opinion about our tank. Here is a pic of one we did. Notice how it flows INTO the side cover, not straight above it. It adds a much cleaner line and transition between the front and rear of the bike. Thanks!
photo(18).JPGphoto(19).JPG

Bill

I used to own some shit!
I would be in for one on the next build...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Dirt_Guy

That looks awesome. I know you're early in the planning stages but any idea of cost? Similar to Fat Katz cost? That will be the ultimate deciding factor for many I'm sure.

bgtrck

One of THE 150!
I like it. If you guys make that tank I will hold off on putting on my CamTech covers and buying one of your tanks.

pickardbaggerparts

Extreme Vendor
the pricing will be competitive with Yaffee's tank. We would start with the 09 and newer tanks and see how the market likes them. It will hold more fuel than your stock 6 gallon. We still have quite a bit to finalize on the manufacturing end. We are making a "master" to be scanned into a 3D model, then that needs to be cleaned up in CAD before tooling can begin. It's a huge investment, so there is a lot we need to consider before pulling this trigger!