Plasma Rods as Brake Lights

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Any body on here have first hand expierence using Plasma Rods "from Custom Dynamics" as Brake, Tail, and Turns?

Any pics?

MSgt1371

Running dual color mega plasma rods in run, turn, brake. Very bright at night and during the day.
20120904_9 (480x640).jpg
20120904_10 (640x480).jpg
20120904_11 (640x480).jpg
20120818_68.jpg
20120818_70.jpg

Bill

I used to own some shit!
I am wondering if there is a way to slot the fender to mount them, looks like TNTCC did just that...

Have any pics from the underside of the fender?

smokenjoep01

Bill, The stuff I have used from CD was top quality, VERY bright and stands up to the elements. Im pretty sure there here in NC too.

crutter

Site Supporter
TNT where is your shop located. Not trying to break any vendor rules just wondering if you are a short trip from frederick, Md so I can get a hands on look

DCHBGR

Site Supporter
its simple cut 1/4" slots in the fillers and epoxy them in...did this to my buddys bike before mine was done so i did mine differant...use CD triple play module and wire them in and shits butter!!

Bill

I used to own some shit!
which length you gonna go with bill? i ahve the 8" i think..can send pic later how i did mine

Not sure just yet, gotta get the fender in my hands first.

Definatly would like to see some detailed pics. Any certain type of epoxy?

TNTCC

Site Supporter
TNT- How did you mount those in your fenders?

I made my own fillers, cut slots for 10" rods and added bead rolls to either side. Tacked a flange to the back side and used 3M tape and a zip tie as insurance.

TNTCC

Site Supporter
TNT where is your shop located. Not trying to break any vendor rules just wondering if you are a short trip from frederick, Md so I can get a hands on look

I'm outside of Keyser, WV. That bike is currently living in Russia. I'll look and see if I have any pics of the back side and post if so.

Woody

I have them as well, brake only. Very happy, but i would like to use them as turn also.

TNT, how did you wire them for brake/turn? I was told they would only work as run/turn/brake (with my controller), or either brake or turn. I don't want them as running lights.

Rozkopeeko

I have a set on my 11SG and they are simple and sweet!!I ( brake and turn light option) brought some trip pieces from home depo and 3m tape and absolutely no issues!!! This is how Custom Dynamics advises to install them and BOOM SWEEEEEEET!!!! I must add that the customer service from custom dynamics is as great as there products1!!!!!

TNTCC

Site Supporter
I have them as well, brake only. Very happy, but i would like to use them as turn also.

TNT, how did you wire them for brake/turn? I was told they would only work as run/turn/brake (with my controller), or either brake or turn. I don't want them as running lights.

If I remember correctly I used Custom Dynamics Dual converters that set them as dual intensity. I'll look for my wiring schematc and post if different.

yardsale

Up in da one fiddy...
Cracks me up you asked about these Bill.

I had just ordered the 14" rods from CD when this thread was posted. I'm having intermittent problems with my glassed-in taillights and I'm going to stick these between the fender and bags until I figure out how to fix the others. Whatever I go with in the future, they are going to be repairable.

Since I've been debugging my lights for a month now, I'm intimately familiar with the wiring. I'll post a thread on wiring dual-intensity LEDs. (I know, Slothy's diagrams are a tough act to follow... I'll do my best)

Never mind - Custom Dynamics already provides the information for any combination

Last edited:

Latest posts