Pics of fairing on tucked 30

frito

Site Supporter
looking for fairing pics on 30 roadglides, fixing to make a bracket and see how some are mountning or molding bottoms around fender etc...

Warped

Check out the thread that was just posted, looks like ya'll are doing the same thing

green843bagger

Site Supporter
I just started this mod and I couldnt really find any info on best stuff 2 use etc. Fro had great pics but no real explaination on what he did. Its like a big mysterious void no one will ever discuss! Lol I had 2 just do what I know and work slowly and mine is goin good 4 now

sent from deadpool #2

frito

Site Supporter
green843 bagger any pics ,im ready to start on this one

Big Evil

Site Supporter
Keep in mind the best way to tuck the fairing on your 30 is to make the fairing turn with the bars...that way if for some reason you lose air in the front, you can still steer the bike without causing damage.

If you cut the fairing to tuck tire up into the notched area of the fairing without making the fairing turn .....if you have a sudden lose of air in the front.
The front will come down, and you will not be able to turn the bars.......NOT GOOD!!!! especialy if it happens while riding!!!

that being said.......I plan on doing just that with my next build (notching the fairing to tuck the wheel, and making the fairing turn with the bars).

Last edited:

torqu

Big Evil, the fairing is already fixed. But I know what your saying.

Big Evil

Site Supporter
I meant to make the fairing turn with the bars.... Not fixed.
That way you can still steer if front Airride fails

ChoppedRoadie

Site Supporter
I meant to make the fairing turn with the bars.... Not fixed.
That way you can still steer if front Airride fails
Just what I did. Bike could be ridden aired out but I would probably crash and burn with the lower frame dragging, lol. Losing front air however won't lock my wheel straight.

Attachments

Latest posts