PBR 300x4 Number 3!!!!!!!!!!

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Mr.Goodtime

Site Supporter
Im running (2) 6.5 Polk audio components...(2) 6.5 polk audio with (2) 1 inch tweeters with Polk audio crossovers...I have the gain set at 7...and the ground is to the battery...Head unit is a Sony,,I cant think of the model number right now? Its the one with the tray.

On a side note, I had the amp in the fairing. Right behind duel 8000K HID lights!!!...I think the amp was getting too hot from the lights??? I mounted this one in the bag and i guess we will see how this goes!!!

crutter

Site Supporter
Check the impedance on the polks. That amp only likes a 4ohm load. I know they recommend you set the gain at 5 with the hk head unit. Not sure about with a sony

TNTCC

Site Supporter
Check the impedance on the polks. That amp only likes a 4ohm load. I know they recommend you set the gain at 5 with the hk head unit. Not sure about with a sony

Rockford amp is only 4ohm stable so if your @2ohms thats where your heat is. I've been running the same amp at a 4ohm load for a year solid without any issues. Set my gains at aprox 6 and go.

Rozkopeeko

yeah i heard that a lot ,, guys running the amp on the wrong ohm and causing it to self destruct .... RF have historically been powerful amps

Mr.Goodtime

Site Supporter
Im 4 ohm all the way!.....Still eating them?????....If i set my gain at 5 like RF suggest, then I need half my money back!...If there telling me that their product will only hold up to half of what they say it will fuckin do!!!:19:

Rozkopeeko

Yooooooooooooooooooo trried installing my rf amps ................... Freakin smoke !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not even paperweights .......... I am so freaknnn pissssed!!!!!!

crutter

Site Supporter
Roz give me a call. 240-281-7287. I've had my problems with the rf amps but have worked them out. Rf will stand behind their products though. We will get it straight

Zach

Site Supporter
Not sure if it will cause a heat issue, but I've always been told the ground should go to the chassis instead of the battery. There is a ground lug right in front of the battery just behind the rear tank mount.

Zach

MyRide7

Gauge & HK/RS radio LEDs
Goodtime, I fixed this issue in my fairing by purchasing a 12v DC "computer fan" from Radio shack and wired it to come on/off with ign and zip tied it inside the fairing to blow across the amp. Its quiet and qith our 100+ temps this summer its still working.

Marty

MyRide7

Wish me luck!..Im mounting this one in my left saddle bag in the A.M...I believe my HID's were getting the other 2 too HOT!!...I guess we will see huh!!!!

Latest posts