Paint Cost?

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Uncleford

Site Supporter
Hey guys, I have seen some beautiful bikes on this site. What does it cost to paint some of them? I know its a vague question so I will tell you what I have to paint and what I was quoted by a fairly reputable guy local to me. Just want to see if this is normal or a bit high. I will say that I have sticker shock but then again I am a cheap bastard..lol

2011 RGC -

- Top Shop Black Death kit (rear fender/bags/side covers for 14 up)

- SBD Twisted 8 lids

- Bad Dad front fender (hugs tire-forgot name)

- Trask Chin spoiler

- Stock outer/inner fairing

- Stock Tank

- possibly a chopped tour pack

I am looking at Black and Charcoal gray. Basically black all over with gray accents or outlines.

Anyway, painted parts are in good shape so no bodywork needed (as far as no damaged parts)

He told me it would be around $4500 but not over $5000. I tried to not make any facial expressions but it was hard..

I think I need to learn how to paint. Thoughts anyone?

Thanks

IndyGlide

Site Supporter
That's pretty cheap compared t what myself and a lot of others guys pay. All the money is wrapped up in the prep from what I am told.
Maybe some others can comment but that sounds like a fair deal as long as his work is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uncleford

Site Supporter
Okay, that is what I am wanting to hear because I don't have anything to base it on. That kind of money from me better be good! What really scares me is the bike isn't a trailer queen, wifey and I ride every chance we get.

Ferro

Site Supporter
I wish that's all my paint job cost. That is about the price for a good one cooler paint job with no art work.

jpeesy

Site Supporter
Sounds fair to me, and remember, you get what you pay for, and don't want to get a cheap paint job. Paint will make or break your bike.

F4iguy

Brian Loker has quoted me for around $5K with a 2 tone with light graphics on similar amount of body/prep work and this guy does magazine covers and Covington's bikes. Might not hurt to get at least one more quote from a painter you like. Obviously $5K isn't the Covington/magazine cover level of detail, but the quality of the painter is there and not just one color. Could be a regional thing as well. Supply and Demand...

F4iguy

Also another note on the other side of the fence, don't cheap out on paint - let's be honest, most of these bikes can and are replicated 100 times over except for a few details. The biggest one being the paint, which really sets each bagger apart from the others. You don't want the main defining or personalizing quality of your machine to be done half assed.

midwesta

A good single color paint job on the low end is going to be 3500. Add two tone and accents, a tour pak, a chin spoiler and your price of $4500 is not bad.

Latest posts