Other style handle bars

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

BigChief

Are there anyone using any other styles handle bars other than stock or the higher ape look? I would like to see some different options if they are out there.

lumper

I am going to use one of these.

112_bus_bars.jpg114_bus_bars.jpg

I love the low fat look and they are sooo comfortable for me to have my hands down in a relaxed position as opposed to upright.

I have a really bad back so few bars work for me on long trips.

Going to send these to HHI for their hidden control package, should be pretty sick, here is a pick of a bike with the bars but not hidden cables.

bus_bars_3984.jpg

heres a pic of the cafe beach bars,

dragbar_bikes.jpg

Last edited:

BigChief

Those are nice, I wonder how they would look on a SG. I to have a bad back (c5 and c6 nerve impingment) I fear having my arm and shoulder up in the air may force the vertbrate to hit that close position more in turn putting more pressure on the disc. Anyone have this problem?

lumper

Anyone have this problem?
Yep,
I have l5/s1 gone, l4/l5 herniated, l2/l3 herniated, all other degenerated and I have spinal arthritis.
Degenerative disc disease too, ... so I got that going for me, lol.

I am in constant pain, have been for 4 or 5 years.

Any bars I have to hold my arms up for cause me to go numb or end up sending shooting pains down my arms and back after a while from fatigue.
I find beach bars with 3 or 4" rise and good pull back do the trick.

Plus next to apes, there my favorite look on a Road King.
I dont have a Glide so I cant say, but that pic with the fairing and the bus bars I think looks awesome!!

You can see how my arms rest on the bars in this pic and how the bike looks with the low profile, this is my last bike I just sold it a month or two ago.

whole camera march 2012 601.jpgdrifter_3.jpg

I can do things sitting down though, including riding.
I had to give up nearly everything I do, mt biking, volleyball, baseball, basketball, deep sea fishing, surf casting, hiking,etc.. I am not giving up riding, matter of fact I am building a nutty touring bike so I can tour some extreme rides on an extreme machine.

Need to move the footboards forward 3 or 4", get a seat that puts me back and up as opposed to down, I am 6'3" so I dont need to go ay lower, and then to cap it off and complete the perfect riding position for my back is the beach or bus bars , generally 3" rise 36" wide, 14" pullback
Lump

Last edited:

BigChief

Yep,
I have l5/s1 gone, l4/l5 herniated, l2/l3 herniated, all other degenerated and I have spinal arthritis.
Degenerative disc disease too, ... so I got that going for me, lol.

I am in constant pain, have been for 4 or 5 years.

Any bars I have to hold my arms up for cause me to go numb or end up sending shooting pains down my arms and back after a while from fatigue.
I find beach bars with 3 or 4" rise and good pull back do the trick.

Plus next to apes, there my favorite look on a Road King.
I dont have a Glide so I cant say, but that pic with the fairing and the bus bars I think looks awesome!!

You can see how my arms rest on the bars in this pic and how the bike looks with the low profile, this is my last bike I just sold it a month or two ago.

View attachment 10978View attachment 10979

I can do things sitting down though, including riding.
I had to give up nearly everything I do, mt biking, volleyball, baseball, basketball, deep sea fishing, surf casting, hiking,etc.. I am not giving up riding, matter of fact I am building a nutty touring bike so I can tour some extreme rides on an extreme machine.

Need to move the footboards forward 3 or 4", get a seat that puts me back and up as opposed to down, I am 6'3" so I dont need to go ay lower, and then to cap it off and complete the perfect riding position for my back is the beach or bus bars , generally 3" rise 36" wide, 14" pullback
Lump
Wow, and I thought I was in bad shape. lol
They say, just when you think you have it bad, someone has it worse.
Yes my fear is to get the apes and can't stand the ride after a while.
That is a nice look you have there and thanks for sharing that information, but again not sure how that going to look on my glide. I will continue to try and find SG with different bars in hopes that APES styles are not the only sick way to go...

lumper

Dov,
Your welcome man, good luck with your searching, I know how frustrating it can be.

Lump

ps wasnt that a glide in the pics with the cafe style bar?
You mainly dont want to be leaning or stretching if you can avoid it.

BigChief

Dov,
Your welcome man, good luck with your searching, I know how frustrating it can be.

Lump

ps wasnt that a glide in the pics with the cafe style bar?
You mainly dont want to be leaning or stretching if you can avoid it.
Yes, I am trying to make sure I am not putting any pressure on the disc whatsoever.
I was not sure about the cafe style bar as it did not have the bat wing, so I was thinking RK.

BigChief

Look like those will have you lean forward a little, nice. I think low like that but maybe longer for amore upright seating positing, would work best for me...My seach continues...

clewis022002

Buddy of mine has the Helibars on his bike. He swears they're the most comfortable handlebars made. His back is all screwed up from being in 82nd Airborne for a number of years.heli_36.jpg