ordered some saddlebag extensions

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

traveler

I decided to do some saddlebag entensions.

I'm using the ones made by Cycle Smiths. They are chrome plated aluminum.

I bought them on eBay from "henleyskustompaintinginc129"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140711314027?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

He is going to sandblast the chrome off and paint them sedona orange for me. In fact he started on them today, so within 10 days or so (after paint cure) I will have them.

if any of the flames on the side are covered, I'll have Dan Kite touch them up at Sturgis, but I may get lucky.

here are some pics on them from his site:

I hope they will look okay.

When they come in, I'll post pics and detail the install.

~Joe

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Moved over to body mods.

Interesting idea Joe, I look forward to seeing how it turns out!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

traveler

No.....once painted, I will bolt on with stainless hardware and blue locktite.

I hope it turns out okay. They are made out of plate aluminum. The chrome has been sandblasted off and they are going into the paintbooth probably today.

~Joe

thecort

Nice. Looking forward to seeing them finished.

Tap it!

Last edited:

traveler

The extensions arrived, all painted up and ready to go;

I used stainless Steel 1/4x20 X3/4 long bolts, wax coated nuts, flat washers, 2 per bolt and 1 rubber washer per bolt......4 bolts per side:

Here is a pic showing the difference:

fit and finish......well.....the sides are tight, small gaps around the back, and a pretty good sized gap up front.

Continued on next post:

Last edited:

traveler

Here are some finished install pics, to include a quick spin up to Sturgis for a beer at the Knuckle and a ride back home through Deadwood and the hills....just a nice 80 mile quick buzz through the hills.

And, they didn't cover up the flames! Made my day on that one!

~Joe

Last edited:

traveler

Not much compared to what most of you on here have...but I started this thread, so I thought I'd finish it.

Again, not much....but I like this bike.

~Joe

Bill

I used to own some shit!
That actually came out MUCH nicer than I thought it could. Gives guys that don't want a complete re-paint another way to get the stretched look.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

traveler

Well, thanks guys.

Yeah, the gaps bother me a bit.....but overall it's good enough for me to live with. I got them to me for 500 bucks SHIPPED...that includes paint and body work. A chupa fender, ness bags, and paint and shipping probably would have been 4-5 times that much...is my guess.

I just wanted to put another option out there for guys to think over.

~Joe

Last edited:

coolerman69

One of THE 150!
A buddy of mine did the same thing last summer. He had to do some tweaking but he has no gaps. I was impressed he was able to get them to lay flat. Out of the box they were kinda sloppy but he made them fit before paint. Def an option if your bike is not already being painted.

traveler

being that they are aluminum....I went out and carefully massaged them with a rubber mallet and drilled one hole out 1 step, and when finished, it looks even better!

~Joe

Latest posts