Opinion on rake kit for 26

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

FRANKIE WALLNUTS

Hey guys...been around here for a bit reading endless amounts of info on here and theres tons of great shit here....im putting together all my parts before i start the transformation wich will be over the winter ...my question is....out of all the rake kits and trees out there what would you reccomend me to buy for a 26 front wheel....I really want the CROWDED look...not into the far out front wheel look....and what trees shoul i get...could u guys post a few pics here for me of the kit used and trees so i can get an idea of what im lookin at....if no pics than atleast steer me to a nice kit that myself can install....i can weld and i have good mechanical skills....so i think i can pull it off myself....if once i buy it and it looks too hard i will farm it out to someone i have in mind to complete the job....but i really want to do it myself if i can....please help guys if u dont mind...thanks ..

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Give Pickard a call, I like the stance of their recent builds.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

crutter

Site Supporter
I second what bill said. Check out Pickard's threads on how to rake a frame. I think that you will like their neck rake kit as you can adjust the overall stretch and rake your self as you mock everything up.

Audiowerks Custom Cycles

Extreme Vendor
It's not so much a wobble problem. It's when you have an emergency and need to stop fast. When the trail numbers aren't correct the back of the bike will come around on you.

mr.pro

Site Supporter
If you run the prostreet kit with a 26 set up the handling is as good as a cut frame and trees, Idid alot of testing over the last 2 months with all the diffrent trees from kewlmetal and found that set up is as close to the stock handling as any.

FRANKIE WALLNUTS

If you run the prostreet kit with a 26 set up the handling is as good as a cut frame and trees, Idid alot of testing over the last 2 months with all the diffrent trees from kewlmetal and found that set up is as close to the stock handling as any.
Thanks for the info but i really am NOT a fan of the long fork look....not for me...

mr.pro

Site Supporter
my forks are 2" shorter than stock there is a picture of it in the newbie bagger section under mr.pro i agree ididnt like the long fork look but i thinkyoull see the way i did mine looks pretty close to a cut frame bike.

pickardbaggerparts

Extreme Vendor
Give Pickard a call, I like the stance of their recent builds.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Thanks bill! Call us if you have any questions raking your bike. Weather we do it or someone else, just make sure you have it done RIGHT! Our number is 972-231-1298 and we'll be happy to answer any questions

Latest posts