Only power to cd player!!!! Help

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

98customRoadGlide

So got air ride and everything hooked up went to test it and no power. No fuses are blown or nothing is unhooked. My bike is acting like its always in accessory mode. So it has me thinking it's my key fab switch. When you turn it on its stuck in accessory mode and only cd player is working and has power... Any suggestions ???? Bad timing as I was planning on going to a big bike show in Michigan this weekend!

SUAVE

Did you take your ignition apart? If so you might have turned the notches inside and they might not be lined up right.

98customRoadGlide

No didn't mess with that, but it has to be something in my ignition because when you turn it on its like it's acc. Mode and when you turn it to acc. Mode same thing just power to cd player and speedo tach lights up.

98customRoadGlide

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342749674.846410.jpg---off
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342749694.708619.jpg--on
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342749709.965026.jpg--acc

Just doesn't make sense why bike won't get power, it's like it's stuck in the acc. Mode. For my air ride I ran a power wire to the battery , but I never got to try it because there's no power to the bike only power to cd player and horn.

Bill

I used to own some shit!
View attachment 6998---off
View attachment 6999--on
View attachment 7000--acc

Just doesn't make sense why bike won't get power, it's like it's stuck in the acc. Mode. For my air ride I ran a power wire to the battery , but I never got to try it because there's no power to the bike only power to cd player and horn.

1-put your ignition switch back in and try it...

2-If you powered the entire air ride system from the battery it will still work...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

98customRoadGlide

I'm lost, me and my buddy went through my bike for a couple hours checking the wiring and everything to see if something came unhooked or blown fuses and we couldn't find anything. Did my ignition go bad ??? I'm lost and bad timing!!!!!!!

SUAVE

If your turning just the screw driver then your just turning the acc tumbler. Do it with the actual ignition switch

SUAVE

The ignition switch has different notches along the shaft. The different notches turn different tumblers.

98customRoadGlide

1-put your ignition switch back in and try it...

2-If you powered the entire air ride system from the battery it will still work...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Lol that's the confusing part, the air ride switch doesn't even work. There's no power to it. I'm lost, if my battery was bad why would my cd player work. Only thing I did was had my air ride power wire stripped and laying there for a couple days and it was a open wire laying by the ground post, but you think if it did any damage it would blow fuses!!! This seriously has me lost

crutter

Site Supporter
Do like bill said. Put your ignition switch back in and things will work fine. It is very difficult to find the on position with a screwdriver. Requires a fine touch. I'm sure your stuff is fine. Don't troubleshoot anything else with out the switch put back together.

98customRoadGlide

If your turning just the screw driver then your just turning the acc tumbler. Do it with the actual ignition switch

I did doesn't do anything still acts like its in acc mode. I took the switch out to see if the screwdriver would do anything. Switch just isn't engaging power

SUAVE

You might have turned the tumblers to different positions. That happen on my bike going back together took BIGTIMEBAGGER and I a couple of hours to get them back in order.

Last edited:

98customRoadGlide

You might have turned the tumblers to different positions. That happen on my bike going back together took BIGTIMEBAGGER and I a couple of hours to get them back in order.

Only thing I did was park the bike and tore it down for air ride, hooked all the air ride up and no power to the switch, so I tried to start the bike and no power to bike. Maybe my on off switch is bad. Do I take it all apart? Try to get a new switch.

Opunui

Absolutely as stated above. You have to check voltage to the compressor. Probe the red wire.put the dam ignition swich in as one piece ensuring your aligned.

98customRoadGlide

Ignition switch is back in and still nothing!!! You turn it to on still acts like its in acc. Mode. Guess after work tonight I'll tear it apart and see if any of the wires fell off it.

Gary H.

One of THE 150!
You have to take a flash light to see in there. It will assist in aligning the tumblers. I don't remember exactly what to tell you it looks like. I did the same thing when I did mine the first time. If you don't know the exact position to have them in, it's going to be a process of elimination. This is what the issue is, I had the same thing. Read the instructions in the manual thoroughly and then refer back to them while your doing it.

Last edited: