ok stupid question

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Ken Stewart

Ok I know I have seen this somewhere on the fourm but I cant remember so please explain why some guys run a 23 with no frame moods and some guys do

808Bagger

Some like the stretch look, some don't. What you really need to find out is who did what and how do they like it.

List of names who did a 23 with different options

You can find who they are by checking BOTM and at the same time you can see the nominees and their bikes...

thecort

I decided not to cut my neck because I didn't want to run into any potential warranty issues or narrow down my options if I wanted to sell. It's was just my preference at that time. I still feel the same. My next build won't be on a new bike, so I'll cut that MFer right off! Lol

Tap it!

Ken Stewart

I decided not to cut my neck because I didn't want to run into any potential warranty issues or narrow down my options if I wanted to sell. It's was just my preference at that time. I still feel the same. My next build won't be on a new bike, so I'll cut that MFer right off! Lol

Tap it!
Cort what made you use trees I like the tucked look and I read that some guys just bolt on the wheel and dont use trees is there going to be problems if I do the same thing

thecort

I think you can run a 23 without trees if you remove your crash bar & use a wrap fender. I'm not 100% on that though.
I think that's the setup Ricco (Suave) had before he went to a 26.
I know my 23 & FL fender would hit the regulator on the compression stroke of the forks. It would've also hit my crash bar too.

Tap it!

Ken Stewart

Im going for.that tucked in look thats why I asked I really should just do a 26 but ive never seen one in person but I have seen plenty of 23s so without really seeing one I dont want to order and do.something I may not like but im sure once I see ones ill be all about a 26

SUAVE

It didn't ride it far like that but it did ride good! Just go with a Lil bit thicker fork oil and go a good lowering kit. Youll have to ditch the crash bar but it road like stock! I liked it! I have the stuffed look with my 26 now too and it rides great as well.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343711678.611130.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1343711705.641017.jpg

Ken Stewart

It didn't ride it far like that but it did ride good! Just go with a Lil bit thicker fork oil and go a good lowering kit. Youll have to ditch the crash bar but it road like stock! I liked it! I have the stuffed look with my 26 now too and it rides great as well.View attachment 7511View attachment 7512

Ok thanks bro for the info both your before and after photos look good I love that big ass wheel with no stretch did you cut the neck on the 26

SUAVE

Na I didn't. Just did the 9* tricky air & billet tricky trees. But I'm on the short side at only 5'7" and about a 30 unseen so I'm bout to chop the neck and go 10* neck and stock trees for a total rake of 40*. 2" out and maybe 2 1/2 to 3" up on the neck. BIGTIMEBAGGER and I will mess with it and double and triple measure! Still with that set up it should give me a stuffed look.

Ken Stewart

Na I didn't. Just did the 9* tricky air & billet tricky trees. But I'm on the short side at only 5'7" and about a 30 unseen so I'm bout to chop the neck and go 10* neck and stock trees for a total rake of 40*. 2" out and maybe 2 1/2 to 3" up on the neck. BIGTIMEBAGGER and I will mess with it and double and triple measure! Still with that set up it should give me a stuffed look.

I am only 5'7 to and it was hard for me.to flatfoot without rear air ride so keeping the stock trees and cutting the neck will keep it stuffed ill have to rememberthat

SUAVE

I am only 5'7 to and it was hard for me.to flatfoot without rear air ride so keeping the stock trees and cutting the neck will keep it stuffed ill have to rememberthat

It should. We're gonna have to mess with it and make sure. But the way the numbers line up, it looks like it will. I'll keep everyone posted tho.

celticking05

I'm looking to go from a 21 to a 26 on my 2004 RK without cutting, The bike is already lowered so that is out of the way what tripletree does anyone recommend and what degree.

Celtic

Latest posts