newbie to baggers

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

BigChief

Greetings from Jville, Fl
Very new to crusier and very new to sick baggers, but the bugs is eating at me. I am coming from the dragracing community, but as of late the Harleyt streetglide in sick bagger with 23'' or 26'' inch are so appleaning as of late. I don't own a SG yet, but was wondinering if some could shead some lite on why it appears so many people trick there streetglide out, spend buckets of money and then seem to sell them shrotly after. Not to mention there are tons of SG on the market for sale, and have only been owned for a short periods of time. Any opinion on this? Are guys maybe not as happy the ride of their bike after customizing them with the larger wheels?

SUAVE

Welcome from New Mexico! Couldn't tell you on the street glide but I love my Roadglide! My best friend owns a streetglide and there's no way he would ever get rid of his! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344534521.371182.jpg

BigChief

Welcome from New Mexico! Couldn't tell you on the street glide but I love my Roadglide! My best friend owns a streetglide and there's no way he would ever get rid of his! View attachment 7921
Thanks
Is the green bike your? Is that a RG? IT look like a SG. Or is this your buddies SG. Nevetheless, very, very nice, I must have one. DAMN!
EDIT, I see your blue RG, very nice as well! Man that must be nice to ride!

Last edited:

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Welcome to the family!

One reason guys sell early is to start another project. Customizing anything is a disease.... Every time you pimp out a ride you'll want to one up yourself on the next one.

I have over 5500 miles on my Bagger with a 26" and although it isn't for sale, I would sell it just to do it again...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1344540224496.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1344540224496.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 335

RLJ676

I see you took "someone's" advice at hdforum to get the real scoop here on a 26, rather than some input from cranky old dudes on bone stock electra glides w/a few chrome covers taped on haha.

Welcome

nt30

I see you took "someone's" advice at hdforum to get the real scoop here on a 26, rather than some input from cranky old dudes on bone stock electra glides w/a few chrome covers taped on haha.

Welcome

Wait, you mean those guys don't know everything there is to know about motorcycles? LOL

N

Nautical Customs

welcom from califronia let us know if your need anything

BigChief

Welcome

Thanks all for the warm welcome.
Yes, I took the advice off of HD fourms about the big wheels, and I am so glad I did. I see there is tons of knowledge here. What I am curious to know though. After looking at the price of the parts to build these bikes, if I bought say and 06 to customize with a 23 or 26'' and a full tail fender with extended tank and bags and paint the color of the stock bike, what about the cheapeast that would be. a guestimate. I know there are other variable. I guess I am wondering if you can get that look for 10K this fall. I have a 20K cash budget. I am trying to find an 06-09 SG to trick out. I really don't want to finance a bike, but if I did It would leave me more liquid cash to fix the bike up, but then I would have a payment to make.

RLJ676

Yes, I took the advice off of HD fourms about the big wheels, and I am so glad I did. I see there is tons of knowledge here. What I am curious to know though. After looking at the price of the parts to build these bikes, if I bought say and 06 to customize with a 23 or 26'' and a full tail fender with extended tank and bags and paint the color of the stock bike, what about the cheapeast that would be. a guestimate. I know there are other variable. I guess I am wondering if you can get that look for 10K this fall. I have a 20K cash budget. I am trying to find an 06-09 SG to trick out. I really don't want to finance a bike, but if I did It would leave me more liquid cash to fix the bike up, but then I would have a payment to make.

I'll find out this winter just how little you can get it done for (although I don't know how much I have invested really so far as I am doing it bit at a time)! It'll depend on what all you do and how much you do yourself.

Can probably get an 06 for 12ish if you catch a decent deal, and the rest can be done for 8 just depending on what you want to change.

Jokercraze

" JOKERS WILD "

There's SG for sale in In lumber ton NC
Here's the link already pretty much there

http://myrtlebeach.craigslist.org/mcy/3129085811.html

Bill

I used to own some shit!
You can do it for $10k in parts... I am about to start a SG with that budget in mind.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts