Newb need advice...

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

pyrobee

I am stationed in Italy right now, and I just started my Savings allotment so I can order my 2013 Streetglide, or Roadglide, or Roadking when I leave here. I mention all three because I cannot figureout which one I want to get. I am wanting to put some time and money into it, and have this bike be reliable but still chopped as I can. Can you all give me some ideas of the pro's and cons between these bikes?

wtf6316

Why not just place the order through military sales and start paying on it. Thats what I did. After lots of research I chose the Road Glide. Mainly for looks and have heard it does better in the wind. If not o well its the looks that I liked.

pyrobee

well I want a nice downpayment before I order, and I need to sell another bike too. Or else I would have already ordered it. I love the way the street glide looks, but i think the roadglide looks nasty when its chopped up real well...Its a hard choice...I guess I would like some input from guys that ride both to see what they think...

wtf6316

Thats why I did it through military sales. Made a payment every paycheck. didnt take long to reach the down payment that way. Plus you save some $$. The dealers cant beat there price.

pyrobee

I am going through military sales. My allotment is through them and they give me 7.5% on what I put in and then I am ordering in 16months when I leave, because then I will only have to finance liek 15-16k instead of 21k.

dbell66253

One of THE 150!
All 3 are great bikes, depends on what you like, I tend to like show and go, chose the RG, on the hwy it handles better IMO, frame mounted fairing makes the difference, plus I do like the way it looks. BTW I had an EG before this bike, that's why I mentioned the hwy riding, I'm going from my experience, not what somebody else told me.

thecort

Btw, try to ride each a time or two under different conditions. One ride usually isn't enough. Ride them for as long as you can too.

Tap it!

T

Thomason Performance

Welcome from NH and Thomason Performance! If there is anything I can ever do to help, please feel free to ask at any time!

My personal choice- Road Glide all the way. My experience, better on the highway. Over the years I've had the opportunity to ride all three up and back down the PCH/California from L.A. to Sonoma. The Road Glide won that battle hands down.

Greg
Thomason Performance
603-661-4984
www.thomasonperformance.com
[email protected]