New solo seat in the works

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

ddavis

Is the felt soaked with resin?

The felt is there to supply the proper thickness between frame and seat. I think the resin would cause the felt to harden leaving you with a surface that could scratch the paint

yardsale

Up in da one fiddy...
Got it. You build the pan over all that. I guess there is such a thing as a stupid question... Lol!

thecort

Looks good.
I put my rear seat screw tongue in between layers of tape so that the fiberglass would take the shape & I knew where to rivet it to the pan. Are you doing the same thing or something different?
You can seerthe indent on the top of the fender in this pic ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341685544.483950.jpg
I just want to learn other ways too

Tap it!

ddavis

Looks good.
I put my rear seat screw tongue in between layers of tape so that the fiberglass would take the shape & I knew where to rivet it to the pan. Are you doing the same thing or something different?
You can seerthe indent on the top of the fender in this pic View attachment 6462
I just want to learn other ways too

Tap it!

Bolt the tongue in place. Tape it and glass over it so there is no chance of screwing up the angle

ddavis

Pan is well cured and got a chance to get back on it. Low profile and fits the frame like a glove. Now the trimming

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342574134.826505.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342574153.980305.jpg

ddavis

How well do those lids fit?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

They fit good. Not perfect but good. I had to cut some of the gasket out so my bag latches would stay closed. They wanted to pop up with all the gasket in the perfect place to seal the bag

Latest posts