New shop website

• Thread starter Thomason Performance
  • Start date
  • Help support Chopped Baggers :

Zach

Site Supporter
I just clinked the link to your old site from your sig. I'd say the new site is a big improvement. Well done.

Zach

Dirt_Guy

They both look good to me. Is the animation area going to cycle through current/finished projects?

If you're planning to put the news on the first page, make sure to update it regularly. I've seen many pages where updates get put on the backburner and end up a few months or more old. I'm sure they're just too busy to post anything but it kinda makes you wonder if anything new is going on or not.

Exactly why I decided to just stick with social media DirtGuy! I own a soup company and I never seem to get the website updated compared to quick little news updates I do on the facebook pages... Greg, I like both, but red is so done by everybody. I dug the orange... kind of matches the avatar logo you use.
They both look good to me. Is the animation area going to cycle through current/finished projects?

If you're planning to put the news on the first page, make sure to update it regularly. I've seen many pages where updates get put on the backburner and end up a few months or more old. I'm sure they're just too busy to post anything but it kinda makes you wonder if anything new is going on or not.

T

Thomason Performance

Exactly why I decided to just stick with social media DirtGuy! I own a soup company and I never seem to get the website updated compared to quick little news updates I do on the facebook pages... Greg, I like both, but red is so done by everybody. I dug the orange... kind of matches the avatar logo you use.

Fortunately my girl is good at being on my ass about keeping the news feed updated. I usually slack on it and about a week or two into the next month I start getting slapped in the back of the head with a - have you updated the news feed yet? I love that woman!

Good to hear about the orange. I'll ask him to give me the option to check it out that way. I agree - the red has been done, but there is a reason for it - it does look good. I liked the orange as well though. Thanks!

Thanks guys. I think the guy (Tim Johnson) doing it has some talent, so I'm letting him just do what's in his head and be free with it. No real guidelines other than easy to navigate and no music.

T

Thomason Performance

That's what we're working on now. I want both animations to draw from the same pool of pics, but run independently of each other. The main pic will change, and then 3-4 secs later the background will change pics. Both pics being up for around 15 secs or so. The background will really only be able to be seen with folks using big monitors, like mine is 22" and I can see lots of background. On your tablet or phone, or monitors below 17" you'll never even see the background, or very little of it. That's a concern of mine, I'm afraid it'll look weird on small shit.

Latest posts