New Here From West Michigan

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

motrhd

Hi all, I'm from North Muskegon, Michigan. I just found this forum by linking from Camtech's site and I'm happy to be here in the land of badass baggers. I have a 2005 Road King Custom that I've owned since new, I did the custom paint on it in 2007 and added RC wheels in 2008 (21" front and 18" rear, Savage), I have a few other odds and ends as well. The engine is 95" all SE with Rinehart true duels. I have been planning a facelift for this winter, I have 4 inch longer 2 inch wider glass bags and rear fender cover as well as all the parts for a new motor build.... 95" with more like 110 HP to 120 HP with equal torque.
Well due to a parking lot incedent last week, it just got more involved. While properly parked, my bike got knocked over by a car owned by the state of Michigan. My front fender is now part of the "NEW" build, and because of the estimated damage price, I am considering a Camtech body kit with the wide side covers. I was also planning on rear air ride anyway, I would also like to do something with the front end i.e., rake the frame or raked trees, because since going to the 21" front wheel, the front end seems kind of heavy, especially at slow speeds. I have been riding for over 40 years and building bikes and cars for over 30 years.
I think I have rambled on enough so I look forward to all the info that I can get here.

Thanks

Bill

I used to own some shit!
First, welcome to the site!

Secondly, contact DCHBGR as he put a 5* wedge in his neck with a 21" and it looks and rides great, it might be just what your looking for.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Big Evil

Site Supporter
Welcome, and keep us updated on your progress

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

motrhd

Thank you all for the welcome. Thanks for the input Bill, I will look into it, I have done similar on other bikes but never a bagger. I did an Arlen Ness neck kit years ago on an iron head Sporty drag bike that I had,kind of for the same reason, to transfer more weight to the rear wheel. I also read on here that some people use trike triple trees, do they have a different rake, such as positive instead of negative ?
As I progress in this build I will keep you all updated. Thanks, Terry

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Stock trees-4*

HD Trike-7*

HHI-7* or 9*

Pickard-6* or 9*

Kewl Metal-12* or 13* "they may have even more than that"

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2