New Guy here! Sinister Kit????

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

SOCALLOWBOY

Getting ready to do a Sinister tank kit and front/rear fender. Anyone have experience with this process? I know they have a you tube on the tank, I just want someones advise that has first hand experiance. Thanks!!!

Bill

I used to own some shit!
It's pretty easy. I used Fusor 116 on my Camtech Kit "similar."

1- Make sure it all lines up how you want it.
2- Scuff the paint or strip it all off "I just scuffed mine with 80 grit."
3- Use one tube of Fusor 116 per side "my opinion," spread it around with a bondo spreader as evenly as possible. You only need to put it where the overlay is going to touch the tank.
4.- Mount on the bike checking, checking, and checking some more that is is sitting how you want it. Once it is on and cures you won't get it off.

I did mine one side at a time, but I suppose if you were careful you could do them at the same time.

I would let it cure for a few days before really handling it much, the longer the better...

That's what worked for me!

Opunui

Just tape the side panels on..trace the outline..sand off 2" all the way around the marks you made with 36 grit sanding disc..fit to tank and take notice of gaps and make sure the ends of the tank overlay doesn't hit the frame. Take back apart and apply a good panel bond to the parts..tape or bungie together.

When finished turn up side down and fill in all gaps you missed..set up..sand and finish.

SOCALLOWBOY

Bill- Thanks, I'm on the hunt for the Fusor 116

Opunui-Thanks and when you say fill in the gaps are you saying with the bonding agent or body filler??? I know there is some body work on the front of the tank.

Any tips on installing the fenders???

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Bill- Thanks, I'm on the hunt for the Fusor 116

Opunui-Thanks and when you say fill in the gaps are you saying with the bonding agent or body filler??? I know there is some body work on the front of the tank.

Any tips on installing the fenders???

Rear fender should be pretty straight forward.

In the front, make sure it is level side to side and keep 1/4"-3/8" between the tire and fender.

I had to reshape my Sinister fender to get it to sit how I wanted it. I think it would have been a bit easier had I been using the Sinister Fender Spacers.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts