Need RG stereo install help asap - speaker location for Hertz 130s

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

swlakers

Site Supporter
Hey All - daperformance hooked me up with an Alpine x305 head unit, Hawg wired kit, Hertz hcx165, Hertz hcx130 and aJl audio xd400 amp as a replacement for a system I had in my 2010 Road Glide. I didn't want speakers in the bags so Pete suggested the 130s cut in at the trees for additional sound. As it is an insurance repair my bike is at my local HD shop and they are having problems with the install, particularly the location of the 130s and where/how/which grills to use in conjunction (they are insisting they are too deep, Pete says they'll fit easily so something is getting lost in translation). Also wondering if that amp fits in the fairing or needs to go in a bag. If anybody has tried that set up or has pictures/advice it is much appreciated.

metaldrummer

Site Supporter
One of the guys I ride with had Polk speakers mounted facing the trees and just changed to kicker. I know the hertz are a littler deeper but he swears there is plenty of room......... plus with the way that whole area is on a RG that shit is loud!!!

getcha pull

sabre0909

Site Supporter
You got 6.5s in at the trees?
Those are 5 1/4" speakers and should work. I have the 6.5 Hertz at the trees and i did have to hack into my boxes. i just put some hushmat over the area i cut in the glove box then put carpet inside to cover it all up. Didint reall affect much use of the boxes which are useless other than ipod on one side and glasses on the otherleftbox.jpg

Caboverbob

Site Supporter
Amp will not fit in fairing. Need to go in bag. I will try to dig up some pics of a inner
Looks like the JL xd400/4 will fit in the fairing, plus a couple more mono-blocks as well.

Just sayin....

http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=36204

I was on the fence about the inner fairing speakers facing the forks, local stereo guys said it didn't do much and in fact 1 stated that he won't do it due the lack of value, however I have not heard 1 owner with them that doesn't think they're great. This will get done to mine next winter.

Peace

Sent from Caboverbob's iPhone using Tapatalk and Bud Light

Last edited:

metaldrummer

Site Supporter
The guy I ride with that has that set up basically forced me into buying more speakers for my S.G. lol. I'm running 2 hertz hcx 165's pushed by a jl CD 400 in my bike. He has 2 H-D speakers no amp. In the factory spots. Then his Polks messed up so he has 2 kickers mounted facing the forks with a R.F. pbr amp. He makes my 2 speaker hertz sound like complete shit. Definitely go for it!!!

getcha pull

Latest posts