Need help with wiring my taillights

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

thecort

I'm not so good with wiring stuff lol

I have these filler panel lights

I want them to connect to my license plate harness lights from RWD

I received this harness from RWD

I'd like them to operate as run/brake/turn lights.

How do I wire them to my bike? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Tap it!

BLACKIZZLE

Site Supporter
well as far as i can tell from the picture. just match up the colors to the correct pins on the RWD harness.
red-power
black-ground
yellows are gonna be brake lights
blue should be constant for your license plate light
purple and browns are gonna be your right and left turn signals (if you have these in that license plate frame)

hope this helps

thecort

well as far as i can tell from the picture. just match up the colors to the correct pins on the RWD harness.
red-power
black-ground
yellows are gonna be brake lights
blue should be constant for your license plate light
purple and browns are gonna be your right and left turn signals (if you have these in that license plate frame)

hope this helps

Thanks, I'll let you know if it works.

Tap it!

thecort

Ok, I got antsy & went out to mess with it. I only touched the wires together & I got the plate working with the signals, so now I just need to sit & splice all the wires together & try to connect my filler panel lights.

thecort

I got a wiring harness from RWD & its plug n play.
I was able to figure out how to get my 5 wire plate light to work with my 3 wire filler panel LED's.
Im able to get the LED's to work with the plate as run/turn lights but can't get the LED's to function as brake lights too.
From the main harness I ran power (blue) to the LED red wire.
From the main harness I ran brown & purple to the yellows on both LED's to get turn.
I tried running brake (red), from the main harness, to the yellow on the LED's to get brake but it didn't work.
Any suggestions to get the LED's to work as brake lights too?

Tap it!

BLACKIZZLE

Site Supporter
can you post up the color codes of the wires for your taillight and your tailllights? sometimes they arent the same as your bike and you have to switch up colors but its definitely possible.

thecort

can you post up the color codes of the wires for your taillight and your tailllights? sometimes they arent the same as your bike and you have to switch up colors but its definitely possible.

Bike main harness:
•blue- power
•red- brake
•black -ground
•purple- L turn
•brown- R turn

Russ Weirmont Designs Cateye
•Same as bike main harness...plug n play.

LED's filler panel lights (both are the same type with same colors)
•red- turn/ low light
•yellow- turn/ super bright
•black- ground

I have the LED yellows connected to the RWD turn. The LED red connected to the RWD blue power (run light). The LED black connected to the RWD black.

Tap it!

Bill

I used to own some shit!
I believe the RWD light has a built in function to distinguish between turn and brake power.

I think you are going to have to put a two light run/turn/brake module in parallel with your RWD harness.

You might be able to use RWD'S module but I couldn't say for sure without looking at it, and I can't remember how my old ones looked.

Something like the run/turn/brake modules shown here:

http://www.customdynamics.com/tailconversion_kit.htm

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts