Need Help, Having some electrical Issues.

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Terminator

Hi, I'm losing my friggen mind, I have been working on this for 3 days I have the small front running lights but no running headlight (works on highbeam but no lo beam) The Speedo,Tach,Tail light and brake light work along with the radio work but not the other 4 smaller gauges, no rear side round running lights and No gear indicator lite. I changed out my Switch housingsto chrome last frriday and thats when this all staarted, So I was thinking a pinch wire but it is so speratic with this working, and That not working etc. I've takin the switch housings aprt a few times and can't find anything bare,shorted etc. Looking for some ideas other areas to check, Any help greatly appreciated, I'm missing out on good riding time. I broke my back and cant work right now due to an upcoming surgery so I can''t afford to take it any where. Todd

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Pic one fault and chase it completely ignoring the other symptons. For example the low beam headlight.

Using a test light or multi meter and the service manual follow from the headlight back measuring at every junction/connector and you'll find the problem area.

I am a troubleshooter in my real job and I can tell you for sure it's always best to look where you shit last. If you had the hand controls apart I would certainly start there along with the connections in the fairing.

If you don't have a service manual for your year I am sure someone would scan the pages and post them for you.

Good luck, get better, and keep us posted.

Opunui

Check voltage at the source and make sure you hooked all grounds back up. Like Bill said 1 piece at a time. Check our connection points to. I will be following.

crutter

Site Supporter
You said that you replaced your switch housing out to chrome. Did you for any reason disconnect any of your wires? If not I would take the switch housing back apart to include the wire hold down that is inside of the switch housing. I am talking about the ones that are held in with a Phillips head screw. Once. You get it completely apart start your bike up and see if many of the problems resolve themselves. Believe it or not I have seen one pinched wire cause multiple problems.

As far as the service manual the best thing that I have found is to do a google search for your year make and model of bike. There is a guy who has converted most of the manuals to a searchable PDF. They are available for download and they are only like $10. What's year is your bike?

Where are you located? There are knowledgeable members from this site all over the us and if you are close to any of us we can make a beer drinking session out of your switch housing. Hope some of this helps

Terminator

Ok Thanks abunch that will give me a start. Thats kind of what baffels me with it being all over the bike like that, All fuses are in and non blown yet I still have shit not working. I do have a service manual but has not been much help to my dumb ass.lol Good advise guys I sure appreciate it as I'm really frustrated at this point. Just an Fyi I'm in MN and my scoot is a 2007 Street glide. Thanks again. Todd

Latest posts