Need help figuring out a few things and how to handle the situation.

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

TraceCave Customs

Well my buddy brought home his new Roadglide yesterday. He has been telling for two weeks about how he bought Yaffe bars and bags through the dealer and had them put them on and they treated him so nice. Well when I looked at the bike today the first thing I notice is those are not Yaffe bars. I do not know whose they are but definitly not Yaffe. They taper up from the grip to the point 1" to 1-1/4" and the point does not curve up. They sorta look like LA chopper bars to me which are about $100 cheaper.

Then the next thing I notice are the bags look exactly like my Sinister bags until he opened one of them and they are fiberglass with a carpet liner in them that is doublebacked in. Now my question is who makes a Sinister knockloff that is tapered about 1" from front to back on the stretch out of fiberglass?

I have not said anything to him yet until I get proof. Should I? This is not to hurt his pride or feelings but to make sure he gets what he paid the dealer for. Yaffe bags are a helluva lot of change and I am pretty sure they are not fiberglass.

Here is a not so good pic of the bike but maybe you can tell enough.

528092_365316093513374_100001049606132_1167654_726841307_n.jpg

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Those look like Top Shop bags, the Yaffe bags are fiberglass but are smooth inside and the curved accent is different.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

TraceCave Customs

Well the top shop and fairing factory bags that I found pics of have a different swept design. These look identical to my sinister bags on the outside but are fiberglass with a crappy looking liner and a taper on bottom.

It just pisses me off that the dealer would do that. He said the receipt just said Yaffes bags and yaffe bars. Don't get me wrong his bike looks good but there is a huge difference between Yaffee bags and these bags cost and quality wise.

crutter

Site Supporter
Send the Picture to Yaffe and ask if those are his bags. He deff. knows what his bags look like and I am sure that he knows what all of his competitors bags look like. What dealership was he dealing with? Any other pictures?

coolerman69

One of THE 150!
I guess it depends on what kind of deal he got. If he paid for Yaffe then he needs to go raise hell. If he got a good deal and the add ons were just a bonus then let him discover it himself.

TraceCave Customs

I talked to my buddy today and told him what I thought and he agreed. I told him to ask for all the receipts and tell them he needs them for insurance purposes. Then we will see what they send him. I think it is possible that the painter or any one else there could have pulled a switch on them and gave him lower end bags.

Peterod45

Tracey, I just got my Yaffe bags. And the quality is second to none. Glossy smooth finish on the inside. As far as I know, the only bags Yaffe puts his name on are these Ness Big Bags. I also highly doubt he would put any kind of cheap liner in his bags.

Peterod45

Here are my Yaffe bags.

TraceCave Customs

Update! So I told my friend my suspicions on this. Wow does it get deep. We still don't know whose bags they are but they are definitly a cheap sinister copy. Not only that but the lids are not the stockers. They are stock copies. WTF?? The bars I believe are LA Choppers. Also he ordered Metzler tires and they put Dunlop on there. Dont know if that s a big deal but strange.

Well he calls them today and gets the receipt printout and all it says is "12 apes" and "stretched bags". They even charged him 400 for bag hardware when all they had to do was pull his stock hardware off and transfer it over. The parts guy tells him that he accepted the bike and should be satisfied. He tells him that he picked the parts out of their Yaffe catalog and told them what to order and that is what he paid for. They have agreed verbally to replace the bags but instead of replacing the bars they want to give gime some CFR slipons. He is thinking on that but I feel he needs to get some stuff in writing.

This is crazy that a dealer would try to pull some shit like this. I am glad I always do my own work. Basically I think they had this junk laying around there and thought they could pass it off on him and might could have if he didnt have friends with custom baggers. I am blown away. Pissed actually.

Last edited:

BLACKIZZLE

Site Supporter
traceman. that is terrible man. If i was your buddy I would be sooo mad. specially for what they charged him for that bike! dont get me wrong, thats a nice bike, but its not 31k nice.

BLACKIZZLE

Site Supporter
on a side note, take a look at that 95 bad boy in that picture right behind your buddies bike. my dad owns one of those. absolute classic bike.

Bill

I used to own some shit!
That's pretty screwed up... Tell your boy to start hanging around here so he can get edjamakated!!!

TraceCave Customs

Tell L that I have a bridge for sale! 31K!!! WTF!

That's pretty screwed up... Tell your boy to start hanging around here so he can get edjamakated!!!
He needs to. He just decided spur of the moment to go up there and pull the trigger.

traceman. that is terrible man. If i was your buddy I would be sooo mad. specially for what they charged him for that bike! dont get me wrong, thats a nice bike, but its not 31k nice.

Yea, that includes service plan, extended warranty, and tax. I think it was 8k in accessories and labor. I know it is high as hell. I am really surprised he did it that way but I understand he wanted a bike he wouldn't have to worry about for a long time as far as any thing breaking on it. I prefer to get discounts and do everything myself. At least if I screw it up I can fix it.

Last edited:

traveler

Do us a favor, and give the name and location of this dealer......I know I'd appreciate a heads up on a shop to avoid.

~Joe

Latest posts