Need alittle advise please

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

FRANKIE WALLNUTS

Ok guys i have a 2012 streetglide and i want to install a amp and speaker setup. Im looking between j&m speaker and amp combo and the hog tunes speaker and amp combo. Maybe the one from hogtunes with the tweeter pod. What are your opinions between the two and what would be the BEST bang for the buck. Thanks to all that chime in. Looking to do this before My Delmarva bike trip on the 14th..so its kinda time sensitive. Thanks brothers!

FRANKIE WALLNUTS

I'm talkin highway speeds clarity. Like up loud at around 85mph. When I ride I'm usually hammer down. ALWAYS. so I want something that will sound good up loud. Not sure if j&m is better than hog tunes.

BIG TIME BAGGER

I got 2 6.5 Rockford T-1 in the fairing with an elf audio amp in the front. It rocks along at 100+ no problem

DAPERFORMANCE

Extreme Vendor
If u are only gonna run front speakers. Hertz hi energy 6.5 and a jl audio xd200 amp. Will blow away hog tunes, j&m, hawg wired!!!! Only other thing u will need is 6.5 adapters and RCA converter
Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Bill

I used to own some shit!
I have a Hawg Wired RS/ZX setup packed up ready to ship. $500 shipped, listen to the tunes at 100 mph, I can ship it tomorrow, and it will blow your stock setup out of the water....

It will come 100% complete, the only thing you'll need is time to install it.

Includes speakers, crossovers, adapter rings, wiring, amp, etc...

This is a freakin deal....

Here is the link: http://hawg-wired.com/product_info.php?cPath=49_59&products_id=144

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

dbell66253

One of THE 150!
You're going to get a lot of answers, and remember, at hwy speed its not going to sound like you're in s cage, one thing you left out, how much $$$$ are you looking to spend.

Opunui

my set up is hertz 6.5 up front..hertz 690 in the bag powered by a HD7200 pioneer head unit with a JL audio xd400 amp.this thing rocks.

Gary H.

One of THE 150!
I'm running Hertz ECX 165's with the Rockford 300x4 because I'm going to put 6x9's in the lid this winter. Running on 2 channels, it's loud and clear at 100! Not as nice sounding at the $400 speakers and don't get the mid range but it blows the hell out of stock and didn't cost me an arm and leg.

FRANKIE WALLNUTS

Guys all these ideas lol its all toooo much hahah well ok. My budget is 400 i just want front speakers and a amp. I cant justify 400 for just speakers, but thats my opinion. Im really looking for plug n play. I dont want to be cuttin and soldering and rigging up wires on my ride. I want cleannplug in deal. With that said what direction should i go?

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Guys all these ideas lol its all toooo much hahah well ok. My budget is 400 i just want front speakers and a amp. I cant justify 400 for just speakers, but thats my opinion. Im really looking for plug n play. I dont want to be cuttin and soldering and rigging up wires on my ride. I want cleannplug in deal. With that said what direction should i go?

Did you see my post above??? Plug and play, all inclusive...

FRANKIE WALLNUTS

I have a Hawg Wired RS/ZX setup packed up ready to ship. $500 shipped, listen to the tunes at 100 mph, I can ship it tomorrow, and it will blow your stock setup out of the water....

It will come 100% complete, the only thing you'll need is time to install it.

Includes speakers, crossovers, adapter rings, wiring, amp, etc...

This is a freakin deal....

Here is the link: http://hawg-wired.com/product_info.php?cPath=49_59&products_id=144

Damn this sounds perfect. Is it plug n play? Man i need to find a hundred dollar bill. Bill lol

RLJ676

I have the Hertz HCX 165's and a Vibe Lite Box 2, which is the exact same as the Arc 2 channel amp for way less money (same as Elf and several other brands too). I can highly recommend this setup, and it is budget friendly.

$270ish for the speakers plus $109 for the amp http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_29982_VIBE-Audio-LiteBox-Stereo-2-LiteBox2.html

The amp gets the job done for 1/3 the price of the ARC. All you need is a small amp install kit as the amp accepts high level inputs. Should put you in right on budget.