Neck Stretch Opinions Needed

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Appling Bagger

Site Supporter
I'm still in the air as to weather I'm going 9* vs 7* on the neck rake as I have both inserts built(hell I can go 8* for that matter) on my 26 project. Either way I still need opinions on stretch. I'm not worried about the key switch clearance as I will relocate my key switch and modify my switch cover. The cover will exsist but will be cut way back and glassed. I know I've asked a bunch of people stretch ????'s so hate to be a pain in the a$$. Here is a pic with what I think is 1-1/8+/- stretch. Am I measuring in the right place(center of backbone)? Also does stretch and height majorly effect geometry. Dont want to compromise handling but have a certain look I'm going after. Also my height will only be raised very slightly(which actaully raises the front end). Dont know if I'm over analyzing. Just want to make sure its right before I start welding.

Thank you guys for all the help and questions you've already answered View attachment 7685

Last edited:

pickardbaggerparts

Extreme Vendor
what kinda stance are you looking for? Pro street or tucked in? With your current set up, it'll be more of a tucked in look. Anything under 1.5" will look proportional, not way out there like a chopper...

Appling Bagger

Site Supporter
Tucked in but not too far. I have seen a couple that i like and have inquired about their build. I'm probably going to make another insert and have all of the stretch after the bend which will give me a little more rise. Which would produce the better ride- 44 w/2" stretch or 42 w/ say 1 to 1-1/4 stretch. Also is there a difference in a 7* rake w/9* tree vs a 7* tree and 9* rake?

780Canadianbagger

I like my ride it is the 2"up and 2 out with a total 44 degree look at Af Kustoms posting he did one 2 up 2 out an ran trike trees with a 26 I think if I remember correctly

Gary H.

One of THE 150!
Yea, that orange bike he did had the 9* I think and he used the 7* trike trees, but the guy that did it, moved the tank forward 1 1/2" and extended it in the rear because he didn't like the look of the long neck. What ever happend to AF Customs and California Baggers too? I liked some of their stuff!

Appling Bagger

Site Supporter
I've made up my mind and getting ready to start welding. Goin 9* Neck(my own backyard engineering) and 9* HHI Trees. I will have minimal amount of stretch(1"+/-) and will move my ignition switch somewhere else. Also make the switch panel go straight across vs convex there at the tank/dash. Gotta figure out now which tank overlay and dash I'm going with si I can get it as close as possible. As many have said, going 9/9 gives me the option of a 30 one day(did I just say that?)

slothy

Balls
you can do what i did and just notch the tank ears and lower the tank, will give you a bit more room. between my dash and switch i have about 1/8" gap.

Appling Bagger

Site Supporter
you can do what i did and just notch the tank ears and lower the tank, will give you a bit more room. between my dash and switch i have about 1/8" gap.

did you keep your switch in the stock location? I think I'm gunna move my switch and modify the cover. Have ya'll done one this way or know someone who has?

Latest posts