Naked ladies

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

coolerman69

One of THE 150!
LOL Not really! I was wondering what is the widest rear tire you can fit on a pre 08 model. I have a 175 car tire on my 06 but I'm not too sure CTs and MC tires are sized the same. I was told by a guy who was running a 150 that it almost rubbed! I have found a 170 I would like to try. Anybody know?

Bill

I used to own some shit!
I had a 150 on my 06 with an 18" wheel and it fit well. I don't recall it being nearly as tight as the 200 on my 2010 bagger.

coolerman69

One of THE 150!
Bill do you know if anything came out with a 180? If I could get someone to give me an actual on the rim measurement I could figure out what would work

Bill

I used to own some shit!
I would call WanaRyd on that one. They'll be able to tell you what will fit and what size wheel to use.

Zach

Site Supporter
I'm running a 150/70/18 (on a 4.25" rim) on my '07. It's tight. I had to take my lower belt guard off when I switched from a Metzler to the Avon in that size. The Avon is a RC wider than the Metz. I don't think you could get a 170 in there with stock belt width.

I have heard of at least one guy that put a 160/60/18 (not sure on rim width) on his '07 and he claims it doesn't rub. I guess the lower profile is enough? I've been tempted to try it, but haven't.

JMO
Zach

coolerman69

One of THE 150!
LOL I thought I would get more answers since you perves were already here! I would kike to know how many guys clicked on this thread and then left.

coolerman69

One of THE 150!
I'm running a 150/70/18 (on a 4.25" rim) on my '07. It's tight. I had to take my lower belt guard off when I switched from a Metzler to the Avon in that size. The Avon is a RC wider than the Metz. I don't think you could get a 170 in there with stock belt width.

I have heard of at least one guy that put a 160/60/18 (not sure on rim width) on his '07 and he claims it doesn't rub. I guess the lower profile is enough? I've been tempted to try it, but haven't.

JMO
Zach

Thanks Zach. Guess I'll just go with a 150

coolerman69

One of THE 150!
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice....not gonna happen! lol hope you got the answers you were looking for, have to give you props for being creative!
LOL! Got it Doc. Installed the Michelin commander II and went for a short ride. I love this tire!

Latest posts