My Hardtail Bagger

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Aaugman

I thought I would create a build thread, not only to show others the evolution of this bike but also have a place to consolidate everything I have and will do to it. Too many times I forget what all went into a project, and its nice to sometimes go back and look at where it started.

This Bike started at an 05 BMC (big mikes choppers) Hooligan. I bought (stole) the bike from a guy who just needed to unload it to pay some bills. The deal was too good to pass up. The bike is a hardtail, wideglide front end, revtech 100" 180 rear tire and a 21" up front and Carb'd

It started life like this
IMG_0074.jpgIMG_1481.JPG

After riding it for about 20 miles I hated the crappy seat position and the old "factory custom" look. So I Put some clip on handle bars and built a new seat. I made the riding position a lot more aggressive. I called this the style a "Cafe Bobber"

View attachment 8255View attachment 8256View attachment 8257

Last edited:

Aaugman

HMM, I just created 3 more posts and it got messed up...I'll try redo them tomorrow

Aaugman

That's a hell of a parking spot bro! Wood floors, nice windows sheesh!

Its a buddies house..Its pretty sick he built it to be able to have his toys downstairs...there are two roll up doors, so its basically a two car garage in his tv/game room.

Aaugman

Then I wanted a cleaner rear so I mocked up a spun fender. My girl hates bikes...but liked this one so wanted to pose for me :)

IMG_1687.jpgIMG_1696.jpgIMG_1884.jpg

Aaugman

So I rode it like that for a few weeks and then realized I couldn't carry anything on this bike or go more than 100 miles...So I decided to build a bagger using this platform. I had never seen it done before So I thought why not.

IMG_2014.jpgIMG_2015.jpgIMG_2017.jpg

Aaugman

So I built bag mounts and I had to make a new seat pan. Then I dropped it off to have paint done....It was a buddies shop and he was way over his head...he did the worst paint job I have ever seen. I've painted before and would have done a better job in my garage.
I'm not going to post pics of it. But it will have to be complexly torn down and redone over the winter.

IMG_2176.jpgIMG_2241.jpgIMG_2242.jpg

Aaugman

The Bike had Yafee Pipes on it which I shortened up But I wanted the sound behind me and was able to fill up some holes within the frame by builing some true Duals for her.

IMG_2350.jpgIMG_2355.jpgIMG_0136.jpg

Aaugman

I also was messing around with different handle bars and ended up going with some "FATTY" fatboy style bars.

Plans for the future are:

New paint with some cool graphics
26" front set up
Rear wheel with the lowest profile I can get, to try and lower the back a bit.
Gps speedo mounted on the frame down low
new Air cleaner/velocity stack
I would love to have forced induction..but probably wont do that. I've built a turbo bike before and it was a PITA !!!
Lastly I may put a removable stretched very low profile batwing with a system in it.

Last edited:

Aaugman

Here is the latest upgrade!! I snatched up this incredible wheel set up from Pickard, including one of their wrap fenders- Jevon is the man! He helped me out a bunch and dealt with all my crap !! Anyway here is the first shot, I'll be doing a photo shoot soon and will post more pics.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346285898.842599.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1346285933.334998.jpg

Latest posts