My buddy crashed

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Big Evil

Site Supporter
I have a buddy of mine who has about 50 grand into his bike.
He had a reputable local shop install a set of Arlen Ness (ko) raked triple trees.
They say they are good for 21", or 23" wheel. He was running a 21" only because his 23" has not shown up yet.
Anyway, he picked up the bike.
Got 5 Min. Down the road, and the front started to wobble real bad.
To the point where he could not recover from it, causing him to go down. He crashed at about 70mph.
Bike totaled!

Now i love the look of 23", or 26" wheels, but after seeing this i am sticking with my 21" thank you very much. Before this, i too was thinking 26" down the line.
Not now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Bill

I used to own some shit!
HOLY FAWK!!!!!

I wouldn't compare what happened to your buddy to a bike with a properly setup 26"....

I hope he didn't get banged up too bad.

pickardbaggerparts

Extreme Vendor
damn, sorry to hear... Incidents like this is what makes everyone think bolt on trees don't work. We spend tons of time educating our customers about how our trees are different and how they work. We are the ONLY tree manufacturer that offers a 100% wobble free guarantee. I hope your buddy is ok.

Big Evil

Site Supporter
Not sure, i think the Arlen ness ko's are 11 degree. I could be wrong though

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

DAPERFORMANCE

Extreme Vendor
If its done right it will not shake. I have done over 20 raked ( frame and tree ) with 26" no issues. My personal bike is neck & tree rake with 26". I put over 5000 miles this summer no shakes and I ride hard and fast. Fyi. Sorry about ur buddy.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Bagged64

I was thinking about going that way too, but keep hearing things like this. Pickard may be the way if they do the install too. Hope he gets better. I know exactly how he feels as I am still recovering after a year from a 70 mph crash.

hellbent customs

Site Supporter
Sorry to hear about this. Trees or cutting the neck is not the issue it's about a shop setting up a bike to look good and be SAFE!! i hope your friend is ok.

Latest posts