My 2001 Road King Outlaw Build

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

CarpeNoctem

Well here she is, I named it Outlaw in the Tradition of the "Doesn't Conform to AMA Race Rules" Outlaw Bike.

So its a 2001 Road King with a Hoppe Quadzilla Fairing what I believe is a set of 12" Wild One Chubby's Bagger Bars, JVC BlueTooth Streaming Stereo, Stock 5speed, and a kick ass custom 95" Motor from Hanna's Heads in Hayward CA.

How I bought it with Wild One Beach Bars.

I installed the Bagger Bars myself

Last edited:

CarpeNoctem

Got my Heads, Barrels, Wood's 590 Cams, and JP Forged Pistons back from Hannan's in Hayward, He says (And allot of my buddies confirm) His Set up with a good Carb puts down between 110-120hp 115-125tq, Brown Santa also brought me my new S%S Super G Carb. Kit. Also got a bunch of Misc. crap to toss on.

Last edited:

CarpeNoctem

Oh and I forgot to mention my Heads and Barrels will be Diamond Cut as well as thinking about doing a Chopped rear Fender So I can pull the Bags and Fairing off and get that old school Bobber look.

Last edited:

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Great project! 110HP should be fun to ride! The four speakers on the quadzilla are a nice feature too, I had one on my last bike.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

CarpeNoctem

Yeah I'm goin through withdrawals though lol almost bought an FXDXT the other day just to have a bike to ride lmao.

So a small update, Started Diamond Cutting the heads and barrels this weekend and should be done soon.

Pic

CarpeNoctem

No I'm not doing them but I'm learning how too, and sorry no. I would but can't. My buddy likes to keep his technique close to the chest. Sorry Guys.

I can say this though, If you found yourself with a barrel you could throw away and happened to have a Die-Grinder in your hand it might be fun to try and draw X'x in a row XXXXXXXXXX ;-)

Last edited:

CarpeNoctem

Well so far not much to post, had a slight delay but things are back on track, in the mean time here's a few pics of the new Trailer/Custom Toy hauler I bought.

I'll get some Interior pics when I go get it from storage. But It has a nice Table/Bed Combo, Fridge, Microwave, and plenty of closet and cabinet space. Also has room for 3 full size bikes.

CarpeNoctem

So a little bit of work was done, Been off and on because the shop is getting a new roof, So can only work here and there. But progress is being made.
Heads and Barrels are Finished Being Diamond Cut.

Roof stuff on them cant seem to keep anything clean, So gonna have to clean everything before the motor is put together.
I'm a little nervous about the amount of crap in the new heads, so I'm gonna have the machine shop clean everything out real quick before Assembly. Should be fine.

Front fender is cleaned up, welded all the rivets and smoothed everything down, curved the bottom of the fender and got rid of the little sheet metal trim piece.

Got the bike torn down to the heads and pulled the cams and cam plate,

So once THIS is finished

The bike will get finished up. But for now we just wait.

Last edited:

CarpeNoctem

It Runs!!!! Lol so now all were waiting for is Paint and shes all finished for the time being.
A few pics

And a crappy Cell Phone Video for now

Also got some more Ink. FTW in Memory of my Uncle Frank R.I.P.